Saturday 20 February 2021

Saturday

 Good morning, everyone.  Round here, the sun keeps trying to break through and it is so mild, it's a no dressing gown and slippers morning.  There hasn't been one of those for ages!  The forecast for the coming week is most encouraging with plenty of sunshine.  Lovely.

The rest of yesterday went more or less according to plan and things should plod on today too.

I got an email and text from my GP practice and, as a result, have changed my vaccine place and time.  It's now in town, about ten minutes' drive away and, while I don't know the second date, they will send it in due course.  Cancelling the other was so much easier than getting it in the first place.
It makes sense - the new one is much more local and it frees up the other place for someone more local to there.
And it's a couple of days earlier.

At eleven today, my financial adviser (Dave), is coming round to help me interpret some documents that I can't get my head round.  Once that's done, I plan to pop down to the old allotment and get on with a bit more digging.  Heavy or not, it needs doing and a bit at a time worked last year on an allotment that was in a far worse state than it is now. 
Beth and Alex are round for Sunday dinner again and we have planned to look at the seeds I have and what/where we can plant as well as looking at sheds (online).

I'm also looking forward to getting out the washing line and getting some outside drying done.  I have a huge pile of it waiting - a sure sign my brain hasn't been in a good place!  I don't usually let it build up like this, do I?

Well, if I don't get a move on, none of the above will get done so I'd better say goodbye and get started.  I hope everyone is well; stay safe and be careful.  xx


(I'd better add, for the sake of anyone reading for the first time:
Dave is permitted to visit to advise me financially - it is not a social visit and cannot be done any other way.
Beth and Alex are my support bubble as I live alone.
Going to an allotment is a form of exercise and permitted, providing one only works with one other person.  I will be there on my own.)

16 comments:

  1. Oh dear Joy how did we end up in a world we have to explain every visitor :( My Dad's TV packed up recently and he was going to get an engineer in but we said this is ridiculous my eldest son can do it, but he said he went guiltily in wearing a mask and hoping the neighbours didn't notice. Have a lovely day and hope it stays fine at the allotment xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, having had a couple of semi-unpleasant comments over the last month, I thought it wise, in the current climate, to make things explicit - a shame, isn't it, but that's life.
      Thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I would love to be enjoying some of your sunshine. It's forecast to rain all weekend here.
    Enjoy your time at the allotment. My thoughts are now turning to what I want to plant in the garden this year. I'm thinking flowers instead of vegetables, just for a change. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flowers are very cheering and a flower filled garden is a lovely place to be.
      The sunshine is lovely! What a shame about your forecasts.
      xx

      Delete
  3. That's good news about the vaccination at a more convenient location.

    I don't envy you the heavy digging today. We've had rain all morning so far so, with all the heavy clay soil in this area, I don't think there will be much gardening happening here at all. My garden is currently waterlogged - we need a few dry days so it has some chance of draining.

    Hope you have a great time with Beth and Alex tomorrow, and also with Dave today xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I am not looking forward to it much. I've delayed it as (sorry if this is TMI) I've had a tough of the runs this morning and the allotment is not the idea place to be caught short. All being well, I will go later.
      xx

      Delete
    2. Hope you feel better soon Joy xx

      Delete
    3. Thanks, I did. I was able to allotmentate in the afternoon. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Looks like today will be sunny where I am and I am enjoying seeing the sun streaming through the windows. After cold and snow the sun is most welcome! I hope you enjoy your day working at the allotment and doing household chores. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gone well, thanks, Debbie. As you say, it is great to see the sun again.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Glad you have been able to get a more convenient time and place for your jab but so sorry that you have had to justify who you are meeting, and where you are going.
    Forecast is a bit wet here until Monday but I shall be outside whenever possible this next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, well, you know me - I like a peaceful life. :-) I was pleased to get somewhere closer too.
      xx

      Delete
  6. I know that Harvey is going to have a bit of a problem visiting with Kris while my surgery is happening. Kris lives alone and we are his bubble so hopefully things will go well.

    Glad that your financial guy could come and explain things to you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can all get rather complicated at times right now, can't it? We just have to do the best we can really.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Glad you're able to get your jab. I hate that you have to feel you should clarify who and why you're interacting with people. Hopefully - dreaming here - this will soon be a thing of the past!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as explained above, maybe it pre-empts any less sensible comments from the unnamed. < grin > Better safe than sorry.
      I'm sure it will be in the past. I'm also looking forward to more interaction again. If we have a lovely spring, perhaps we can have coffee and chat in the garden or meet at a local park.
      xx

      Delete