Thursday 4 February 2021

Thursday

 Well, good morning!  Guess who seriously overslept this morning for the first time in forever!  Nearly nine o'clock.  Blimey.  I can't say it wasn't nice but I can see I will be chasing my tail all day now.

I've started this but have my chat with Chris in a few minutes so will finish afterwards.  I've already put it back by half an hour.  Ho hum - never mind.

Yesterday was, as with most Wednesdays, a day of two halves.  The morning was full with a good old chat with Val at ten thirty followed by my hour of personal training.  The former was most enjoyable with lots of natter and sharing stuff.  Val told me about something in Cotton Traders and in the afternoon I went online and got some - more lower down.

Lindsey was chasing her tail yesterday so we started a bit later (she did ask) but the hour was great.  She's definitely pushing me more now that my shoulder/neck has sorted itself out and I'm doing more with we3ights than previously, plus some resistance band work.  The hour goes very quickly and enjoyably as we chat while I'm working.

(had to stop at this point - back now after my chat with Chris and breakfast!)

Chat's done and the day has now rolled into action.    Mind you, I say 'action' but . . .

The only other scheduled thing I have is the Slimming World Zoom meeting early evening.  The rest of the day is clear.  I have some kitchen stuff to do and I might sort out the front strip that I optimistically call 'garden'. 

I also want to get on with my knitting.    I'm not far off having five of each colour/pattern and then I think I might have enough for a lap blanket at least - I have fifty five hexagons in groups of five and will have another forty five.  That will make a ten by ten or the equivalent (twelve by eight, for instance).


  I might use it as an extra cover for my bed on these cold nights although there's a fair bit of work before I get to that point, mind you!
Better stop and carry on catching up.  Wishing you all a very happy, safe and satisfying day.  xx

Edited because I forgot to mention what I got from Cotton Traders.  I was bemoaning to Val about how soggy the ground is at the moment and that it will be very muddy down the allotment that I will need to wear my wellies which I find rather galumphing.  She told me that on Cotton Traders they have some ankle length wellies (I never knew they were a thing) and she's bought some for her daughter who has quite chunky calves so ordinary wellies are uncomfortable.
I took a look and so they do - different colours and patterns.  Really nice.  So I have ordered a couple of pairs.
Here's the link, if you're interested.
https://www.cottontraders.com/footwear/unisex/wellingtons/ankle-wellington-boots/AQ12268.html?cgid=unisex-wellingtons#cgid=unisex-wellingtons&start=4&list=product%20list&p=3
and here's a save of one of the colours.  I don't think I bought this pattern but I might go back and get them, if the ones I have ordered fit - I love those umbrellas.



17 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued. What did you buy from Cotton Traders?

    Enjoy your day. I hope your weather is better than ours so you are able to get out in the garden ... it's started raining again here. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot!! I'll do an edit, sorry Eileen.
      xx

      Delete
    2. They look good. I didn't know you can get ankle length wellies!

      Delete
    3. Nor did I. I think they will be extremely useful.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I have some of the boots and they are wonderful. I used to wear them at our allotment and they are so much easier to work in. I also keep meaning to try some Muckers which are completely waterproof and people used them to much out stables. They look more like boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really good to know, thanks very much. xx

      Delete
  3. I have ankle wellies too. So much easier to get on and off. I have put my back out several times trying to get normal wellies off. Very happy with short wellies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there you go - it really is a new thing for me and I'm so glad to have 'discovered' them. Fill size wellies can be a messy nuisance to get off, I agree, especially then they are muddy.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I have wanted a pair of ankle wellies for more years than I can think of. Thanks for the link. I'm off to see about getting a pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They only have a size 7 left. I am a size three. I could put both feet in one welly and hop. :-)

      Delete
    2. Really? They've gone quickly - yesterday there were loads. Did you check the other colours as well?
      xx

      Delete
    3. There seem to be some here. https://www.cottontraders.com/footwear/unisex/wellingtons/ankle-wellington-boots/AQ12982.html#list=PLP%20recommendations&p=0
      xx

      Delete
  5. What a great idea, short wellies. I didn't know they made them. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto. I'm so glad Val mentioned them.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Those hexagons are great. You're going to finish up with a lovely blanket. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm happy with them although I have refined the pattern somewhat as I went so they are not all quite the same size. By the time they are all crocheted together, I don't think that will matter one little bit though. The imperfections are what makes it perfect! :-)
      xx

      Delete