Thursday 7 March 2019

Thursday

Good morning, everyone.  The skies are clear and we have just a touch of frost but what amazes me is how light it is at just after six.  It won't be long before the clocks spring forward and what a difference that will make to the evenings.  I know it won't happen yet but I am really looking forward to sitting outside of an evening, reading and relaxing and I must go and get my runner bean and tomato seeds soon.

Yesterday was a very 'easy' day.  I knitted and did a bit of housework (but not much) and caught up on my sleep a little bit.  Also, I was brave and wore my jeggings for the first time - they don't half hold you in!!

Today is another careful food day.  It's taster evening at group this evening and I do want to enjoy it so I'm going easy through the day to make sure I am totally recovered.  I'm making a chicken and bacon pasta dish which is easy and tasty.  As well as being a pressure cooker, the Instant Pot is also a slow cooker and I will use that function.

My coffee mug is empty so I'd better go and refill it.  Have a good day, everyone.

10 comments:

  1. Glad you are recovering and having fun with the instapot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house is smelling wonderful now. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Glad that your feeling better after yesterday's restful day. I too am eager for the lighter nights, when the evening photography walks start up again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, evening walks are lovely and set you up for a peaceful night's sleep.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I had totally forgotten about the clocks going forward, Joy! That has cheered me up this morning as we heard yesterday that our favourite store, Waitrose, is to close in Torquay and also their store in Teignmouth. Not only do I feel sorry for ourselves, but this is devastating for the staff.
    Sunny here, but quite chilly this morning. Just about to have my first cup of coffee of the day - always the best one!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great shame. I suppose one could use online but it's not the same, is it? I do like to see the quality of the F&V before I buy, for example.
      xx

      Delete
    2. The sky is blue and we have lots of sunshine today but it is bitterly cold with a bracing wind. I am also enjoying the longer days, which are a sure sign of spring to come, even in this freezing cold. Chicken and bacon pasta sounds truly wonderful! Good luck at Slimming World tonight.

      Delete
    3. It worked very well and I'm glad I made far too much! SOme easy meals for me in the next few weeks!
      I think 'bracing' was the right word - brrrrrr. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. I love my jeggings and yes they pull you in. Hope you've enjoyed wearing yours today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thank you, and I was even brave enough to go to the shops in them (well covered around the middle, of course! :-)
      xx

      Delete