Saturday 2 March 2019

Saturday

Good morning, everyone.  Here, I am, sat up in bed at Mum and Dad's, laptop on a pillow, coffee to the left, electric blanket control to the right, warm and cosy and relaxed.  What a lovely start to the day.

After yesterday's mega-entry, this will be shorter today.  I had a good drive over although there were some traffic hold-ups along the way.  A bit of a lucky 'escape' - driving along, I noticed (I could hardly miss it with all the signs) that the A120 from Bishop's Stortford all the way to where it joins the A10 is completely closed today and tomorrow but will be open again on Monday.  I could go via the 414 and Harlow, but I'd much rather not!

I had a nice walk in the afternoon to the local mini-Tesco and back which was pleasant.  By then the sun was trying to shine.  Apart from that, it was not a busy day so I was able to get on with one of my favourite books, Sense and Sensibility.

Today is more of the same really.  I hope to finish the jumper I am knitting with the not-chunky (oops) yarn and I have another pattern that is for Aran plus so much Aran yarn left over that I will be able to start that jumper as well.  I have to say, the one thing I am now not at all short of is rather lovely (I think they're lovely, anyway!) hand-knit jumpers!  They are very 'forgiving' in size and will continue to be fine for me when I am at target.

I'm now three days into taking the vitamin E capsules and I have to say my skin is feeling less itchy.  Maybe it's all in the mind but, hey, if it works, however it works, then it works!!  No complaints!

I said this would be shorter so I'll stop now and move over to t'other blog.  Have a great Saturday, whatever the weather!
xx


12 comments:

  1. I'm glad the Vit E capsules are working for you. When I started taking the Starflower oil capsules for menopausal stuff, it did occur to me that they might just be working because I believed they would and had faith in them. But, as you say, if they work for whatever reason, then that's good. I'm a firm believer in the power of the mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be either, couldn't it? The ones I got from H&B were expensive because H&B just is, but I'm sure I can source them elsewhere in three month's time (I'm only taking one a day). I really didn't want to traipse over town looking for a small container of vitamins with an aching back (me, not the vitamins!)!
      xx
      xx

      Delete
  2. Have a lovely day, Joy. I'm also sat in bed enjoying a coffee. A nice relaxed start to the day before having to go into town. With World Book day next week I have a costume to create.
    It's good to know your capsules are beginning to work. You can also apply the contents of the capsules directly to your skin. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that, thanks. If I have a particularly itchy patch, that's what I will do.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Have a lovely day Joy glad the knitting is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. I'm doing the neckband now and then there's just the side vents to finish off. I can't sew up this weekend as I have not bought a needle with me!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Thought this morning was going to be wet and windy but it hasn't got here yet.
    Enjoy your weekend hope the road is clear for your homeward journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not here in North Herts either. In fact, ten minutes ago it was beautifully sunny but it's clouded over now and is looking dull.
      Well, if it isn't, I do know the other way back - carry on down the A10 until the 414 and then follow that to Chelmsford. It just means going through Harlow and I don't like Harlow much. All those roundabouts that look exactly the same!
      xx

      Delete
  5. I missed yesterday's post, so I just went back and read that. You are an inspiration with your weight loss, Joy. Especially so that you are doing it in a healthy, sensible way. I'm ready to head back to Weight Watchers myself. Hope you enjoyed your knitting today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind of you, thank you, Sue. All the best with WW. xxx

      Delete
  6. I would have loved a few extra minutes in bed today but had to get up to see to mum. Just going to read yesterday's post now as I missed it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll catch up on yours when I get home tomorrow as I have the link on the PC.
      It was nice and cosy but, ungrateful wretch that I am, I'd rather be up and pottering in my kitchen!
      xx

      Delete