Monday 18 March 2019

Monday

Good morning, everyone.
The weather was very up and down yesterday - blazing sunshine, then strong wind and a sharp shower of hail, then sunshine again.  Rather unpredictable to say the least!  It is supposed to calm down this week and we should get plenty of sunshine, which sounds very pleasant.

Yesterday went well.  The soup was lovely; I do like these 'throw it all in together' soups which end up so very tasty.  Dinner also was good. 
I'm leaving a fair number of home made 'ready portions' for my parents which Dad finds helpful. 

Being Monday, today is busy.  Home, planning, Knitter Knatter club, helping in FS and then some tuition.  It's all go which should keep me out of trouble!

I'm coming home with a few extra clothes which is somewhat bitter sweet. 
My mum has some lovely clothes - not high fashion, just classic style and great quality.  She's not going to wear most of them again.  I tried a few on - two jackets which fit perfectly and four skitrs, two of which I can wear now and two which are just a bit too tight - so I have a couple of target skirts.  Maybe wearing your mum's clothes sounds odd but these really are lovely in a simple and 'normal' way.
I couldn't believe how well the jackets in particular looked and now I have something for smarter occasions - if even needed!  I also couldn't believe that I could fit into those clothes - very motivating!
But, as I said, it is also sad.

Well, better go down and get myself a first coffee, much needed, before I start packing and getting dressed.  Have a good Monday, everyone.

10 comments:

  1. It's nice that your Mum's got such good taste in clothes, and that they fit you - bittersweet yes, but you'll always think of your Mum whilst wearing them. My Mum's style is sort of floaty Bohemian - long flowing skirts and scarves....not that she's trendy or fashionable, she just likes comfort! Totally different to my style, which is jeggings and t-shirts or tunic tops, so I wouldn't wear anything of my Mum's. Enjoy your busy day once home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will. They will always be a reminder. Nice thought, thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. Not too many roas works, I am hoping!
      xx

      Delete
  3. How lovely that you can wear your mums clothes - like Sooze above my mum has different taste to me and a size bigger but I have passed tops on to her - we often like the same tops but I wear leggins and jeggins a lot and she only wears skirts and longish ones at that.
    Good to have a couple of targets to work into. Have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like to have a target something as another way of judging progress apart from scales. :-)
      I'm more casual than Mum was but it's nice to have some smarter stuff.
      xx

      Delete
  4. The clothes will be a comforting hug from your mum as she used to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a tears to ther eyes moment - yes, they will. Thankyou.
      xxx

      Delete
  5. As Annabeth said, it’s a comforting hug from your mum. I wore one of my mum’s cardigans around the house (it was miles too big for me!) until it finally wore out, and that's exactly what it felt like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when my ex died suddently, my lad wore his dad's jumper for ages afterwards. Very emotional.
      xx

      Delete