Thursday 14 March 2019

Thursday

Good morning, everyone.  It's blowing a storm outside right now - lashing rain and strong winds.  I am so glad today is a much easier day and I only have to go out once before this evening's SW group.  I've just been out to put the rubbish round the front (collection day today) and, while it's not really cold, it feels chilly in the wind.
Definitely an indoor drying day today.

Yesterday worked out OK in the end, everything fitted in nicely, thank goodness.

They really have sorted out the problems with heating the pool and I thoroughly enjoyed my half hour swim and the five minutes in the spa afterwards was lovely and warming.  I took half an hour afterwards to stroll round Matalan but there wasn't one thing I liked enouigh to be tempted.  There were some great styles but the colours were wrong and when I liked the colour as well, they didn't have my size.  At least my money was safe!

I had a lovely chat with my friend, catching up with all the news and, as always, tuition was a lot of fun.  I am losing one of my students because they no longer need any help, they've caught up and are happy and confident in the subject.  I shall miss them but I'm so happy that I've done a good job and made a difference.

Governors' meeting was, as always, very interesting although it went on a long time!

Finally, I slept the best I have slept for a long time overnight.

Today, aftyer several packed days, is much easier so I'm going to potter and generally chill.  I have to pop into school to arrange some dates but that's all until tuition.  I shall catch up with washing, drying and ironing and get things ready for tomorrow and then just chill.  It should be nice.
xx


7 comments:

  1. What a rewarding job you have to know you have helped a child become confident in a subject - I wish I had you for a teacher at school - sure I would have done better.
    More rain and wind here too - beginning to think it will never stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best thing about being a teacher. In Y1 we saw a lot of children 'get' something for the first time and their delight created a real 'buzz', There's nothing quite like it, it's such a lovely feeling and, as you say, rewarding in the extreme.
      xx

      Delete
  2. You sure had a busy day! The swim sounds wonderful. Sometimes retirement gets very busy, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does. However did I find time to work! ;-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. It's lovely when someone you've been teaching is confident to move on without you isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic - it's how you know you've done a good job!
      xx

      Delete
  4. كثيراً ما يضيّع الإنسان الكثير من وقته في قراءة كتاب غير مفيد، أو قراءة كتاب صعب بينما هناك الأسهل، أو كتاب سطحي بينما هناك الأعمق.
    مدافن للبيع
    مقابر للبيع
    تحميل واتساب الذهبي
    مقابر للبيع
    خبير سيو
    مصمم ديكور

    ReplyDelete