Friday 8 March 2019

Friday

Good morning, everyone.  After some pretty gusty wind yesterday (brrrr), it's supposed to be 'moderate' today.  I bet it will still feel chilly.  However, we're supposed to have a fair bit of sunshine which will be nice.

Yesterday was dominated by SW group in the evening.  I made the chcken pasta which turned out very nice and I'm very happy that I made far too much because now I have three portions, one portion of plain pasta (I'm dreadful at judging pasta amounts) and a portion of nice tomato sauce as it was too liquidy (but not runny or weak flavoured) so I ladled some off, all hiding in the freezer.

The taster food people brought in was all delicious and there are several things I want to make now.

Best of all, I lost two and a half pounds and am now in the healthy BMI range.  Woo hoo!  I know I've had a tum upset but that's balanced by me making a mega-piggy of myself at Mum and Dad's last weekend so I think it is swings and roundabouts really.  I have one pound to go to get my next award so that's do-able, and less than a stone to go before hitting my amended target.

Today there is absolutely nothing in the diary, not even tuition as it's Friday and I am home this weekend.  I think that I will have a leisurely breakfast, tidy up the house for my cleaner and then take the bus into town as the market is open on Fridays and I want to look at the fabric stall, at the knitting patterns and maybe get some cheap veg as well.  I'm getting to be a right gadabout now I have a bus pass and it's good fun!

Then I will come home to a clean house, thanks to my lovely cleaner, and I will sit and knit and generally have an easy day watching back to back Poirots.  Bliss.

That's the plan, anyway.  What's yours?  Have a great time, whatever it is.
xx

11 comments:

  1. I have a busy one today with hopefully the coffee machine repaired but I dont know when the man is coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed he can repair it this time. You've waited long enough.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Eldest daughter and grandson arriving - fun weekend ahead - opposite of quiet!
    Well done on the SW result
    have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally the opposite - how lovely.
      And thank you.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Have a lovely day off, hope the day stays dry for you. Ever since Bodychef I use 55g of dry pasta/rice per portion, seems to work well and I've got used to the smaller helping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's plenty for me but when it comes to larger amounts, I make too much - I didn't really know how much would be needed, you see. It won't be wasted though.
      I picked that up from Bodychef too. :-)
      xx

      Delete
    2. I just multiply per portion/person.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your SW loss! You are doing fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks, Sue. I'm really thrilled with how it's going at the moment. Fingers crossed for the last lap now.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I am still recovering from mum's visit - somehow I find it difficult to get back into a routine. Had to shop on a Friday today - too busy for me. Hoping to relax and get everything back to normal over the weekend. Have a good one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can take quite a while, can't it? I hope you truly are able to relax and get your equilibrium back again.
      xx

      Delete