Sunday 10 March 2019

Sunday

Good morning, everyone, and a happy Sunday to you all.
It was a fully old weather day yesterday.  Sunshine, strong winds, rain now and again, then more continuous rain . . . maybe it wasn't so funny really though seeing as it is March!  The washing played hokey cokey - in, out, in, out, until I gave up and finished it off inside, some on the drying rack and some in the dryer.

I popped off to Sainsbury's pretty early and came back with a few bits and bobs that seemed to come to an alarming sum.  That's why I don't go very often!  However, they did have the foodie magazines I have been looking for and a good, solid milk pan to replace one that is peeling teflon everywhere now, so I'm glad I went.

I also found my summer light coat/jacket.  I bought one last year in Matalan and, at the time, was very happy that I could get the size I got but now it's falling off me.  That's the worst thing about this losing weight lark - I've tried very hard not to get too much but one has to wear something!

I suppose, taking all that into account as well as needing a new black ink cartridge for the printer, it explains the bill really!

The rest of the day was spent doing normal, housey things.  I did the first lot of ironing but there's a bit more yet to do, I finished one sleeve of the jumper I'm knitting and started the other sleeve.  They're my least favourite because the rows just keep getting longer and longer!

First thing today, I intend to go for a swim, after which it depends on the weather really.  The forecast is not great until the afternoon when it might clear up.  If that's so, perhaps an afternoon walk might be nice.  I could pop over to Hylands, couldn't I?  I feel like a good walk to clear the cobwebs! 

My mug is empty so I will stop now and go and fill up again.  Have a lovely day, everyone, and pack in plenty of enjoyable stuff.
xx


11 comments:

  1. Your milk pan made me laugh as only yesterday I was wondering just how much teflon I must have eaten in my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - me too but one gets to a certain point . . . :-D
      xx

      Delete
  2. How wonderful though to be able to really feel your weight loss in your clothes. How much have you lost all together, if you don't mind me asking. I know you were originally motivated by your health, but how do you stay motivated?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All together up to now, starting when the gallbladder decided to crash on me a year last November, I have lost two pounds short of six stones. I don't mind you asking; the question made me work it out!

      I'm not sure where the motivation comes from now but at first I was forced to eat very carefully indeed. No fat, very little spicy stuff, regular meals but small ones. As a result the weight started falling off. When things settled after the operation, the weight started creeping up again and that's when I decided to go to Slimming World. I suppose I wasn't wanting to have gone through all that pain only to throw the positive results out of the window. The SW way suits me, it keeps me interested and it keeps me eating well. I feel so much better now, fitter, much more active and I'm so enjoying retirement. It's as if it's all come together for me.

      Does that make sense?
      xx

      Delete
    2. Joy, that's an incredible amount of weight loss. Congratulations! I lose and regain the same pounds all the time. One of these days I hope I can get motivated enough to stick to something long term. Thanks for sharing your story.

      Delete
    3. Thanks. yo-yoing has always been my experience too and, just before what I think of as 'the crash', I had decided to just give up and live with the weight because I was never going to be any slimmer.
      You have to laugh but it wasn't funny at the time.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Well done with the weight loss - I can't believe six stone (saw the comment above)it must be so encouraging to grow out of your clothes in a good way rather than going up a size! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brain hasn't caught up yet. I find it hard to believe and still think of myself as bigger than I am. It will - it's just taking some time.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Six stones is wonderful!
    Sadly, when I hit the Comment button, the nasty website pops up. So if I don't always comment, you'll know why!
    As Waitrose in our area is closing we think we will be shopping in Sainsbury's from now on for food (cleaning products come from Lidl, we don't eat those but for food we want the best we an get and the freshest, not always yellow stickers as we don't want to have to use them quickly). We will miss Waitrose, it's not as expensive as perceived and the quality is second to none, but their store will soon be a Lidl, sadly the way of the world ... the German discounters will begin to up their prices once they have taken over; they have now got two more supermarkets - very large ones - in our area.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete