Tuesday 26 August 2014

Tuesday

A very good morning to you.  It's dark and gloomy outside and I am prepared for several months of waking in the dark now.  I woke just before five and it was still very dark.  At around 5:40 the sky is lightening but it's still too dark to tell what the weather is without stepping outside.

Yesterday was a very wet day here.  I don't think it stopped raining once and my heating kept clicking on.  Dismal for any August day but all the more so for a Bank Holiday.  I wonder if today will be any brighter.

Fortunately for me I didn't have to go out at all apart from dodging the raindrops (unsuccessfully) to the shed or to pick the beans and pull the carrots and back again.  That being so, I ended up having a PJ day and very nice it was too.  I wasn't totally idle;  I made some more onion marmalade after the success of the first lot I made and I made some plum jelly.  Both recipes are on the other blog.

Dinner was lovely - turkey from the freezer with tomatoes, carrots and runner beans from the garden.  Such flavour!

Today I am back in school to move tables, book trolleys and tray containers about to get maximum use of the fairly restricted space in my bay.  By the time I get it right, it should have burned a few calories, that's for sure.

I probably won't feel much like cooking so I shall get a lasagne out of the freezer and have it with runner beans left over from today.  That will be easy and taste great.

So now I'd better get the porridge on!

No comments:

Post a Comment