Friday 3 February 2012

Friday evening

 . . . and the weekend starts here.  OK, so it doesn't officially start until tomorrow but, with planning done and the house relatively respectable, I feel it's started already.  The voice seems to be coming back a bit, helped by a day not teaching, the cough is definitely a lot better, especially when I wake, I'm feeling better in myself and I really think I'm finally recovering somewhat.  To be 100% in time for half term would be fantastic.  Actually, to be 90% well by then would be wonderful too.  Fingers crossed

It was an interesting day today.  Two long observations which didn't show much at all (which was interesting in itself), some time spent sorting out the violin entries, more time spent putting in orders for stock which have to be in by half term (so that's something ticked off the school list) and a good consultation with someone regarding nurture groups.  And I was on afternoon playground duty.  Now, I know children are pretty good at keeping themselves warm but it was bitingly cold and how anyone can run around in just their shirt sleeves (and bottom half covered, of course) is beyond me.  They put their coat on pretty sharpish once I noticed though!  :0)

So - the weekend.  It's supposed to snow tomorrow or maybe Sunday.  I have the Snowday work prepared, just in case.  If school is closed, we post work on the web site.  Poor children!  And George isn't coming.  It's so cold, the ground is hard as iron and there really seems to be no point whatsoever, so he's having a break.

As for the snow - we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment