Thursday 21 September 2023

Thursday, 23-09-23

Morning, everyone.  It was another ridiculously early wake up this morning so I came down and got on with bits and bobs.  I used to be really good at lying in bed and just resting/chilling/dozing but not any more.  It's just rather boring, to be honest, and I'd much rather be usefully occupied.  So I came down, sorted a few things out and did some knitting for a while.  I can't do anything too noisy because it's a semi and I need to consider next door.

We didn't half have some rain yesterday afternoon and evening.  About time too!  It was so lovely to close the curtains nice and early, pop my oodie on over my clothes and feel snug, warm and safe inside.

So - yesterday.
I popped to Morrisons and got Beth's shopping list before driving it over to her.  We had a distanced doorstep chat (just like the olden days!) and I'm glad to say she's really not feeling that bad at all, just a bit cheesed off.  The same thought had occurred to her - that if she had to get it, much better this week than next!
While on the subject of Beth, later on she received some really great news that has made us all very happy.  I'm teasing you a bit because I can't really say much more yet but I'm so very glad about it.  And no, she's not pregnant!!!  It's nothing like that.  😉

Once home again, I went out into the garden and started dealing with the tomato and cucumber plants.  I got the cucumbers right out and in the bin and also several of the tomato plants, the ones that were pretty much over now, having been the earliest croppers.
I stopped when the bin was full and also a few drops of rain were falling.  It's brown bin collection day today so I can continue later on today or tomorrow (or whenever).

I emailed Maxine who is the office staff for Seth's building company to ask if they had a vague date for the garden room and she replied saying last week of October/first week of November.  Really exciting.  So I think that I can start to do the last little bits of shed clearing now.  There's not an awful lot but I want to avoid a last minute rush really.

Finally, I drove over to Lindsey's for personal training in the pouring rain so the traffic was pretty bad.  As with Circuits and Groove, I was able to really push it through without any back issues so I really think that little episode is now over and past, thank goodness.

Today has a couple of things in the diary.   I'm round to Chris' for coffee and chat as usual before maybe doing a bit more garden stuff.
I was going for lunch at Val's but she has something important on so asked if I'd like to go over in the late afternoon/early evening instead.  I have said that if it's feeling too much, I'm happy to reschedule so we will see.
I'm going to start next week's meal planning too - a bit early, perhaps, but once it's done, it's done.
And the other thing I want to do is do a bit of shed clearing.  Not loads, just a bit at a time.  Easy does it!  

So it should be a good day with a nice mix of productive tasks and social stuff.  Just what I like.
What does your realistic ideal day look like?  xx

10 comments:

  1. Covid seems to be doing the rounds again here too. Poor Beth and Alex but I'm glad they're not too poorly. My mum is getting an operation next week and she's back to self isolating as she really doesn't want it cancelled if she (or the surgeon!) gets it! I don't want to be paranoid about it but it does make you wonder if we should be wearing masks again in public places xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well - if it is not a dangerous variant, maybe not. I don't know and I hope we don't have to - I hated those masks. xx

      Delete
  2. The exciting news sounds intriguing.
    It's much brighter here today - yesterday was a beast with lashing rain and howling winds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a mixed bag here and deteriorated as the day went on. It is Autumn, after all - in both senses of the word. xx

      Delete
  3. Ideally I'd like to spend more time on my crafting hobbies, but I did get a few minutes this morning to knit on the partner for a sock I made for one of my sons YEARS ago - would be good to get them finished!
    I was wrapped in a blanket yesterday evening too, and it's definitely cooler in the mornings.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's made me laugh. Anyone who knits socks will have an odd one lying around, I'm sure. I call them Dobby Socks! xx

      Delete
  4. I'm intrigued.. which is another way of saying nosy. We had a lovely warm sunny afternoon yesterday and it's been gorgeous today. Hopefully this will post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle >
      I has posted, thanks, Cherie. Yesterday morning was very pleasant here. xx

      Delete
  5. Yes I too am intrigued. I had some exciting news a couple of weeks ago when my daughter video called at an unearthly time of the morning displaying some sparkles on the third finger of her left hand! My husband already knew as her partner had spoken to him whilst I was on holiday!!
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nothing like that but how very exciting for you all. Congratulations. xx

      Delete