Sunday 17 September 2023

Sunday, 17-09-23

Good morning, everyone!  Welcome to Sunday and another blog entry.  It's an early start again but nowhere near as daft as yesterday.  I'm just going through a spell of early waking and, being me, can't just stay in bed, I need to be up and doing something.
Unlike yesterday, today's weather is not expected to be that good - rain and maybe some storms this afternoon.  The garden won't complain, I am sure, but I reckon I ought to get that grass mown this morning, eh?

Yesterday went pretty much according to plan.  
Frist of all, the flu jab.  The surgery was full with a one way system (for convenience) and it seemed very well organised with an electronic registration and wait to be called.  I was in and out again before my scheduled time and, wonder of wonders, there was a parking space just outside the surgers car park, which can be a bit tight.
Because they were so busy, I didn't ask about booking the shingles jab or about covid info but will pop in next time I'm that way.  There's no rush.

Then I went on the the Clock Tower and did my shopping for the next fortnight (more or less, I might need more fresh stuff), coming back with pretty much everything I needed.  To my delight, sprouts are back.  OK, they won't be amazing yet, but I do love sprouts!!

After a while, my back started aching.  Oh, no, thought I, but it turned out to be part of a more general ache related to the flu jab.  I took some meds, sat down and promptly fell asleep - well, I had woken at ridiculous o'clock on Saturday morning, hadn't I?
I felt a bit 'off' for the rest of the day so rested and today it's fine apart from a very slight ache where the needle went in, unsurprisingly!  Didn't put me off my food, mind you!

I enjoyed Strictly, but the first one is always a bit 'squealy, luvvie, ooooh, I'm so thrilled stuff', isn't it?  I enjoyed the dances and the tribute to Len was lovely, I thought.  I'm looking forward to the first dances although you can already see some real movers and a few who - well, who will do their best, I am sure.  I'm also really glad that no-one goes out in the first week - that always seems such a shame in Throwdown and Sewing Bee.

Today, apart from getting the grass cut mid morning, I have no specific plans.  I had planned to have a go at rye bread but didn't feel up to it yesterday so I will probably do that today.  Now I am at target, I want to spread my wings just a little bit, nothing too dramatic, just things like different breads, etc.  Having said that, it'll probably come out flat as a pancake, won't it?  We will see.

Anyway, enough rambling.  I hope you're all well and life is good or as good as you expect it to be right now.  Take care and have a great day.  xx

12 comments:

  1. Must be something in the air as I too have been waking at silly o'clock recently! Today it was 4.15 way too early! Hope the arm feels ok this morning.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It *is* too early. It was fine when we had toi whizz off to school, an early start was a bonus. Not now though! Oh, well . . . xx

      Delete
  2. I to had my flue jab yesterday morning , appointment 9.36am! joined queue out by 9.40am and they booked me into my Coved jab at the same time, so very good service.no problems so far. Think of me tomorrow as I'm having my second cateract done during the morning x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have done that - the Covid jab, I mean. Not to worry, I will find out.
      I hope you have had no repercussions. xx

      Delete
  3. We had our flu and covid jabs yesterday. It was very efficient and we got in 20 minutes earlier than our appointed time. x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with all your observations about the first Strictly of the season, dear old Len :-)
    My mum in law was sent texts about flu and covid jabs - when she phoned the surgery to book appointments she was told " they're not in yet " !!!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may get that too, I suppose, re covid but I do need to book the shingles one anyway.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Hope you are back to normal today. I'm going through a spell of not being able to fall asleep. Maybe the change of seasons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am now, thanks, Chris. Yes, it could be seasonal - the light is changing from day to day and that can unsettle, subconsciously, I think. Tossing and turning is no fun and I hope it sorts soon.
      xx

      Delete
  6. I actually slept in this morning, which put my day out a bit. Hopefully I will be up at my regular hour tomorrow.

    I need my flu shot and my Covid booster, but need to find out where I can get them both. I might do a shingles shot this year, I am still considering it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would that be down to time changes, do you think, or just tiredness after the holiday? You must have needed it anyway!
      There's time for the jabs. This is the first year of shingles here (I believe) and, as a friend recently had shingles and it was nasty for her, I'm getting it, for sure. I hope you find somewhere not too far away.
      xx

      Delete