Sunday 24 September 2023

Sunday, 24-09-23

Good morning, everyone, and a very happy Sunday to you all.  It's still dark so hard to see what the start to the day promises but BBC seems to think it's going to be a nice day again and probably a bit warmer than yesterday.

I am working on a separate post about my trip to Windsor but thought I'd get this one up anyway.  I've changed the header so you'll see that photo!

We were so lucky with the weather.  Perhaps it was a bit too chilly for perfection at the start of the day but the coach was nice and comfortable so no complaints from me.  I was very impressed with my first experiences of this particular group; it's not a coach company, it is just a retired couple who organise these outings for the sheer fun of doing them - and I sincerely hope they get the trip free as they obviously devote a lot of time and care into them and one, other or both accompanies every single trip to trouble-shoot and generally make everything run smoothly.

I'm really glad they were recommended to me.

So that was most of yesterday taken up.  When I got home, it was about fifteen minutes into Strictly, so I rewound back to the start but, frankly, I was so very tired, I switched it off before the end (the first shows are very long, of course) and will catch up with the rest today.

I still feel quite weary so plan to take today very, very easy.  I might deal with a few more tomato plants - they really have stopped ripening now so I need to get out that chutney recipe (thanks, again, Sue C) and work out what I need to buy so I can make it this coming week at some point.
So today will not make for interesting reading - resting, reading, bit of kitchen stuff, the basic household tasks, YouTube and catching up on telly.  And editing loads of photos.
Oh, nearly forgot - Beth would rather I didn't say for a little while.  You'll understand when (if) I can say.  And no, she's not pregnant!!!  Also, she is feeling loads better and Alex has tested negative.  Cheers!

So that's today.  Are you having a nice, restful day too?  Take care and stay safe.  xx

9 comments:

  1. We're forecast rain here today, so I dealt with my tomato plants yesterday. I have a feeling there will be plenty of chutney in the kitchen cupboard this year.
    I'm glad Beth and Alex are feeling better now. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so very sad that the season is over now. Friday was the last day is ages that I had no tomatoes to pick. Looking forward to next year now.
      And home made chutney is the very best!!
      xx

      Delete
    2. It sounds as though you will be taking some more trips with your group. I'm not surprised you're a bit weary today - it was a long day yesterday:-) x x

      Delete
    3. I definitely will, Janice. I was very impressed. I am tired today and am taking it super easy. I doubt I will even get dressed - I'm still in PJs and oodie and it's after midday! :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Good to hear that Alex and Beth are on the mend. Looking forward to hear and see about your Windsor trip.
    It's going to be a difficult Strictly, there are a number of good dancers and there will be some elimination upsets!
    Have a kind to you relaxing day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, that was me, Blogger not playing fair again!! Annabeth

      Delete
    2. I agree. It's fairly clear who will go early, I think, unless there are dramatic improvements, but you never know on Strictly. There's a load of already-good or going-to-improve rapidly dancers, I think.
      xx

      Delete
  3. That's a VERY regal header photograph. :-)

    I'm glad the coach trip went well, it was good to find a more personal service rather than the usual company run trips which my Mum and Dad used to get a bit fed up with. Although saying that, they did love the four day long mini-holidays run by Alpha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very impressive place indeed.
      I will definitely book some more trips with them. It was very much a try out this time. Mind you, I have to be quick with some of them as they fully book very quickly. xx

      Delete