Sunday 5 March 2023

Sunday, 05-03-23

Good morning, everyone.  Welcome to a damp and gloomy Sunday morning.  It's been raining here and it looks as if it won't get any warmer through the day and may, in fact, get a bit colder.  I'm so glad there's nothing that takes me outside for very long.

Yesterday was a quiet day - I did a bit more washing but couldn't be bothered to do the ironing so that's top of today's list.  I knitted, I read, I did a bit of housework.  It was just that sort of day really.

A bit broke off my waffle maker yesterday, exposing some wiring, so I thought for about five minutes, balanced cost against Premium Bond win and then went online to get a replacement.  It made great waffles but the plates weren't removable and it was very tricky to clean.  The one I've gone for is more multi function with, obviously, plates that are removable and it's a lot less 'fussy' so should be easier to wipe around after use.  It should be here tomorrow.

Today looks like being much the same and I'm glad for it as it's likely to be a bit of a busy week coming up.  Busy for me, anyway.  I'll get the remaining ironing done and any necessary housework and then I will chill.  I have a load of bread to make which always makes me happy - there's just something incredibly calming about making bread and the house smells amazing for hours afterwards.  

So a very short entry today but things are good.  How about you - is your Sunday quiet or busy?
Stay warm and safe.  xx

14 comments:

  1. It's gloomy here, too, but we shall have to venture out shortly with the dogs. It looks as though it might rain, but all we seem to get is small drizzles. We haven't had any appreciable rain for weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no rain predicted here but I wouldn't be that surprised if it does rain - it's cloudy enough! xx

      Delete
  2. Started as a gorgeous blue skied morning but is already clouding over. We are forecast snow here in the frozen north and are just waiting for it to arrive. I’ managed to find a charity shop yesterday to take 50 DVDs we were decluttering and on Monday they will receive 100 CDs. ( British Heart Foundation in case you are needing to get rid of any). I’m looking to spend more time today clearing “stuff” and a win yesterday was that DH cleared out all the many, many cables that have been saved from phones etc over the years. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's brilliant, especially the cables. I hate discarding cables in case they are important; not phone cables but tech cables generally.
      Hopefully, any snow you get won't be too bad and too restricting. Our forecast of snow next week has vanished and it's supposed to be rain now. xx

      Delete
  3. I've never made waffles but do enjoy eating them!
    Quiet Sunday here x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's been a lovely day as well as quiet. xx

      Delete
  4. Yum! I loved the tiny breakfast waffles we had in Bruges! So tasty! If you use it, it's a good buy!
    I didn't get half the things I wanted to get done today but I did some important music practice whcih was much needed as I was getting a bit panicky about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll certainly use it. Not every day but between all the plate functions, it will be in use several times each week.
      Well done with the music practice. I hope it went really well and stopped the panic-feelings. xx

      Delete
  5. Always good to have a couple of restful days to recharge your batteries. Much the same here - a short walk, a long nap and a few small chores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good, Chris. These down days are lovely. xx

      Delete
  6. Your yesterday sounds a great deal like my today.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a nice weekend and got some rest in before the busy week starts. Glad you were able to replace the waffle maker with one that's easier to clean! No point taking the chance on that open wiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely not. I could have stuck the bit back on, I suppose, but I'd have been worried about it. xx

      Delete