Tuesday 14 March 2023

Tuesday, 14-03-23

 Morning, everyone.  It's still a bit breezy but, thankfully, nothing like yesterday which turned into a right gale blowing.  Several times my black bin went a wandering down the side path and, annoyingly, the cover of my egg chair split completely.  The threatened rain never came though and we had plenty of sunshine so I really can't complain.

Everything went according to plan.  The ironing is done and away, I picked up the meds and bought the carrots (and some sugar snaps), circuits was really good and it's a shame there were only two of us there to enjoy it this week, the online meeting happened and was productive although my internet went down half way through for about five minutes which was irritating.

I am sure you will be thrilled to learn that I have finished the dishcloths and am now set for life!  😁  I have noted the mess in the drawer in which I keep tea towels, wipes and - yup, cotton dishcloths, so that's going to be sorted out today!
I used seed stitch, c2c garter stitch and the crochet lemon peel stitch and I think the best has to be the crocheted ones.  Nice and firm and non stretchy.  I have a choice though so that's good.

Gizmo II arrived a day early.  This weekend has been far too spendy and I just hope I've had the three in a row thing now.  Gizmo on Saturday, the egg chair cover yesterday and then, yesterday late afternoon, my little living room clock decided its time was up.  I have no idea what happened - I changed the battery, made sure everything was in place but no luck.  RIP, little clock.  I do need a clock in the living room so I have a cheap, small one coming to tide me over until I choose a nice wall clock, something I have rather fancied for quite a while.  You can get some lovely ones nowadays, can't you?

I've also taken a deep breath and paid my deposit for the garden room so it really is happening this year sometime.  The quote also includes repairing my raised beds walls and repaving the car standing area at the front, something that really does need doing, so it's all good. 
I also sorted out a muddle with the solar panel people who had got it into their heads somehow that I lived in a different house.  I'm just waiting to hear back from them and then I will probably pay that deposit too.
I should hear back from Ray (Hire a Hubby) some time this week.

Things are moving at last.  Thank you, Mum and Dad!

Today, I have Groove first thing and Chris is coming with me.  Open week was last week but, as I didn't go last week, Lindsey said this week was fine.  It's also Chris' birthday today so . . .

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRIS
(she doesn't read this, but not to worry!)

Once back from Groove, there's nothing else in the diary so, as I'm expecting some parcels, I shall stay inside and do some more sorting.
Apart from the drawer mentioned above, I have some high cupboards over my bed that are going to need to be emptied when Ray does the lights work, and lord only knows what's in them at the moment, so I will move my bed, get out the stepladder and have a good old clear-out.

The other thing is to finish my shopping list.  I've lasted out a fortnight on what I got at the beginning of the month and don't need much in the way of fresh stuff - yet - but I do need other things so I'm doing a shop tomorrow morning and might need to do a fresh food shop before the end of March - we will see.

Once that's all done, I will chill with some reading, crocheting, and so on, as usual.
It should be a very pleasant and productive day, I think.  Hoping you all have a great day too and, if you live in Canada (or anywhere cold) - stay warm nd may the snow stay away!
xx


22 comments:

  1. The Range and Dunelm (if you have either of those near you) both do a good range of wall clocks, we've had a couple from those. Have a good day Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. We have a Dunelm locally so I'll go take a look. You can buy online from the Range, can't you?
      xx

      Delete
    2. I believe so Joy, yes xx

      Delete
    3. I'll enjoy myself having a good nosey around. xx

      Delete
  2. Lot's of things going on at your place. After the bathroom stuff here last year I've had enough of workmen to last me a while - so good luck with all yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that, like you, I will be totally fed up before it's all done but it's nice afterwards, isn't it? xx

      Delete
  3. It sounds as though everything is falling into place. What a satisfying feeling. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. It feels great. As Sue said, it'll be a bit of a pain at times but well worth any hassle it creates in the longer term. xx

      Delete
  4. Wow, it sounds like you are being very busy. I like the way you are slowly but consistently working your way through sorting and decluttering various areas. It's very satisfying when you finish each little project isn't it. Lots of little victories to celebrate.

    I was going to say Dunelm for clocks, but Sooze beat me to it. All our clocks have been from there for the past few years, and we have quite a lot ... as is annoying obvious when the clocks go forwards and back each time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might pop into Dunelm after doing my food shopping tomorrow as it's in the same retail park, just to take a look.
      I do like to have little projects, although I often don't get them done when I say I will do than so they go on the next day's list. Several times, sometimes, but they get done in the end.
      xx

      Delete
  5. You are one busy lady, kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Belinda. I think it sounds busier than it really is, to be honest. I do enjoy my days and rarely feel pushed for time nowadays which is great. xx

      Delete
  6. One of the Canadian crew here, and still over a foot of snow....BOO!! Bitter cold as well......another BOO!!! I need to make more dishclothes, I need 12 knitted before December for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrrr - I feel cold just thinking about it. It has to get milder soon, surely? xx

      Delete
  7. It's very cold here in NC and blustery as well. More like January/February weather here than March but, oh well, Spring is like that sometimes! Sounds like you are keeping busy as am I. Lots of house projects going on at my home. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping comfortably busy is really lovely, isn't it? Hoping you've had a lovely day too. xx

      Delete
  8. Things are really moving ahead for you. I hope all the renovations go smoothly.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. It's bound to be an upheaval but it's pretty much outside apart from the solar panel work no meaybe not as bad as it could be. xx

      Delete
  9. How odd.. I was thinking about buying a really pretty clock today. Tried to comment yesterday but no luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's do off. I checked spam but nothing from you. Poor Sue had the lion's share, as usual. Blogger seems to have it in for her!! (sorry, Sue!)

      I've decided where it will go and just have to choose The One. :-) What sort are you considering?
      xx

      Delete
  10. How exciting about the Garden Room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice to have something definite in the pipeline now. xx

      Delete