Saturday 18 March 2023

Saturday, 18-03-23

 Morning, everyone.  It's a damp and dreary Saturday morning but not cold in the least so that's good.  It's also my brother, John's birthday so Happy Birthday to him.  He doesn't read in here as far as I know but even so . . .  :-)

Yesterday was a lovely day.  Now particularly exciting, just lovely.
At Slimming World, I lost a pound so I'm very happy with that - I aim to lose between one and two pounds a week at a steady, sensible pace.  The place was absolutely buzzing with a new member and a couple of transfers as well as all the usual gang.  It was a hoot with lots of laughs during Image Therapy (the fancy name for the talkly bit as well as plenty of advice, hints and tops.  

On the way home, I decided to detour to a local garden centre where I bought a primula.  Yes see, I have two days to particularly remember my lovely Mum as she passed away early on the morning of Mothering Sunday.  I have a collection of primulas, three from Chris and four that I got myself, and tomorrow I will plant them in a bigger container to go out the front of the house and remember her with love and thankfulness.

The long winded flour saga has ended with my Amazon delivery yesterday.  My jar is now full and there's bags to spare inn the freezer.
Sooze will laugh but I was most excited yesterday to have the room to move my freezer bread products from the front opening freezer to the chest freezer.  That doesn't mean I have an empty tray because the flour has gone in there but it's a start and I'm very pleased.  For those who don't know, I need - well, want, really - to go down to one freezer before the garden room starts and now I have4 paid the deposit for that and it is really happening, I need to push this through.

And, on the same subject, I got an email from Maxine, Seth's 'office' lady, asking if they could possibly start paving the front at the end of this month.  That's one of the improvement projects I have in the pipeline so it's exciting to have a tentative date for starting.

Today, I have already done my early morning online SET class with Lindsey and I was going on a walk with some of my Slimming World buddies but it's raining - sometimes light and sometimes hard, so I've pulled out as the forecast is for more of the same all morning.  Not nice.
So I might do some clearing and I will do some washing as I have a load of darks.

The granny square blanket is coming on.  However, it is really weird how, when you are worried that you don't have enough yarn, it disappears like snow on a summer's day but when you want to use up excess, it lasts and lasts and lasts.

I saw a photo of a sort of cardigan made of granny squares so I am pondering about that although there's still a fair way to go with this blanket really.

Well, sitting here rambling won't get the washing done so I will love you and leave you.  Have a fab day, whatever the weather and whatever your plans.  xx


18 comments:

  1. Laughing! (with you, not at you). Whatever little thing pleases us is a bonus, isn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and thought you would!! I think a good life is built from loads of little things, not a few great big ones. It is for me, for sure. xx

      Delete
  2. Our morning started with heavy rain but it's eased off now and the sun is threatening to put in an appearance. Whatever the weather, the dogs still need a walk . . . and it's good for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One reason why I don't have dogs - among many!! :-)
      Hoping the sun made an appearance. xx

      Delete
  3. The blanket is looking great. I can't remember whether you are keeping this for yourself or whether it's to donate, but I'm sure it'll be treasured and used by the eventual recipient even if the recipient is you.

    I agree with your response to Sooze. It's the little things in life that are special and are the building blocks for a good life. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will keep this one. I really like how it is turning out.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday John ... if you're reading.
    My brother says he doesn't read my blog, but then every now and then he'll question something that I've written about ... sneaky man!!

    Your blanket is looking lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - men, eh!!

      Thanks - I rather like how it's turning out. xx

      Delete
  5. Life is often tough so it's great to celebrate the small pleasures isn't it?
    Love that gorgeous blanket!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alison. It's turning out better than I thought it would. xx

      Delete
  6. Your blanket looks great. Could you possibly share the basic pattern you are using to make a granny square? I've been making a few to start a blanket as well, but mine don't look as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course. I'll cover it in tomorrow's blog. Thank you for your kind words. xx

      Delete
  7. The blanket is beautiful. A granny square jacket is lovely but be sure your yarn weight is double knitting. I have tried with Aran and it is too bulky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is actually four ply/sock weight yarn and that's what I would use for a cardigan, I think. I agree that aran/chunky would be rather bulky.
      xx
      xx

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the weight loss. The blanket is beautiful. It's so colourful and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. It's a bit brighter than in the photo - the lighting wasn't great. xx

      Delete
  9. The blanket is looking lovely. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. I'm really enjoying making it. xx

      Delete