Thursday 16 March 2023

Thursday, 16-03-23

 Morning everyone.  It's mild and damp, better than cold and frosty but sunshine would be loads better.  :-)

I got my early morning shopping done.  It wasn't as 'bad' as the last one and there were a couple of items I couldn't find but I think I am OK for two weeks now.  I might run out of some fresh veg but have freezer veg too so that's fine.

I decided to9 drive on to Lathcoats as I thought they might have what I wanted there.  They did have frozen cherries in their scoop and bag freezers and I also got some frozen blackberries but they didn't have what I really wanted which was wholemeal self raising flour.  Not everywhere stocks it but I've always got it from Lathcoats before so I was a bit disappointed.  I can, of course, get some plain wholemeal and turn it into SR with bicarb and baking powder but . . .

I popped into Dunelm to look at the clocks.  It's easier to tell what I don't want than what I do so I guess it is a process of elimination really.  There's plenty of time and plenty of places to look in so that will be fun.
What I did get in Dunelm was a pair of fluffy slipper boots (lovely and cosy), a couple of curver boxes for the clearing and tidying stuff and . .  a wooden board.

Going back to Saturday, the reason Gizmo was on the hob was because I didn't want to use it on the working surface.  I decided a plain wooden board would be the thing to get and, among fancy and expensive ones, there were a few plain and not-so-expensive boards so I bought one and now I can stand gadgets on it when they are in use.

So the shopping trip was a bit more expensive than expected but useful.

At home, instead of starting my bedroom cupboards, I re-organised the yarn.  I know I've not long done it but those curver boxes are ideal and I can get far more into them.  In fact, next month, I might go back and get a few more.

Personal Training was great, as always.  Lindsey is pushing me which is just what I need.

Today is pretty much the same as every Thursday - SET class online and then a good old chat at Chris' over coffee.
Then, I think I might just pop into town.  When I was in town last week with Alex, there were several places I'd liked to have looked in but didn't because it was Alex's shopping trip, not mine.  I might be able to get my flour in town too.  If it's pouring, I won't bother, but if it's not that bad, maybe I will.  I'll see.

Take care, stay warm and dry and have a lovely day.  xx

14 comments:

  1. Really unpleasant weather here today, I helped at coffee morning in the church - the heaters are high up on the walls so it was a good thing there were some cheerful folk came along otherwise it might have felt very dank and dour!
    I love clocks of all shapes and sizes, look forward to seeing what you choose.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It cheered up here for a while and it was nice not to feel chilly. xx

      Delete
  2. The weather is just miserable here today, gloomy and wet and a good day for staying indoors and catching up on blogs and Facebook reading. You'll know the right clock when you see it, there's no rush to buy quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we got the best of the weather down here in the south east. After overnight rain, it cheered up, and was quite pleasant. Mild too.

      Yes, I think you're right - I will know and there's no rush at all.
      xx

      Delete
  3. It's been raining heavily for most of the day here, which I could really do without just now :) I've never been inside a Dunelm, but whenever I've seen products online, I think I could easily overspend on nice things for the home. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have nice things and quite reasonably priced too. I agree - easy to overspend. xx

      Delete
  4. I stand my air fryer, Instant Pot and bread maker on a huge IKEA wooden board when I use them. I wouldn't have the same problem as you as I have an induction hob so it wouldn't get hot even if it was accidently turned on, but this arrangement still gives me peace of mind.

    I like that you called your new gadget 'Gizmo' ... that was the name of the good gremlin the Gremlins film. Very apt!

    Enjoy your search for a new clock. How's it going? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Induction hobs are very safe, aren't they?
      I used the board this morning and it was fine so that's good.
      I don't think I've ever watched 'Gremlins'.

      At the moment, I'm just looking and seeing what's actually out there. Wayfair does have some nice ones, definitely. xx

      Delete
  5. It was warmer out than in today. Dunelm is one of those shops I can wander around and buy nothing or buy loads depending on my mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know exactly what you mean. HomeSense is another.
      By the time I got back to the car, I felt really hot in my coat.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Hope you were able to get your flour and to browse leisurely in your favorite shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No flour, annoyingly. I did a bit of browsing - M&S had some lovely clothes in but I was good! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  7. self raising flour is so expensive over here in Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That surprises me. Is there any particular reason?
      xx

      Delete