Tuesday 7 March 2023

Tuesday, 07-03-23

 Morning, everyone.  After a not that cold but damp day yesterday, today looks like being colder and just as wet, on and off, although it looks OK at the moment.  Possibly a bit of snow overnight too, although I'll believe that when I see it.

Yesterday was quiet.  I did houseworky stuff as needed, including changing the sheets, washing them, drying . . . etc, etc, etc.  It was too wet to do any shed clearing - well, too wet to want to, anyway, so I didn't.

So the height of my exciting life was finishing off one dishcloth and starting another.  Seed stitch this time.  Google tells me that seed stitch is when the knits and purls alternate in each row and moss stick is when they alternate every two rows.  So now I know.

This morning started well.  I had an email from brother John regarding sme more of Mum and Dad's slow release investments.  It's all accounted for with the IR, etc, we just have to wait while it is released in dribs and drabs.  So a bit more should be landing in my account by the end of the week.  Most of it will be saved but I have a couple of wants that are almost needs - a few more storage jars and a new keyboard for the PC as the one I'm typing on keeps cutting out on me.  I was going to wait until the end of the month but I won't now.

It's going to be a busy morning.  Without going into details, I am helping out at a funeral by getting a hall ready for when the attendees come back from the crematorium.  Once that is done, I will come home and catch up on my exercise with a Lindsey YouTube thing as I will be missing Groove class.

After that, I have to move some money (garden room deposit) and discuss something with Seth's company.  Then, I may very well pop over to B&Q to look at light fittings I need to get.

That should all keep me happy and occupied, don't you think?  What's keeping you happy today?  xx

16 comments:

  1. Lots of drinks and a cosy bed. Tested positive for Covid this morning. Symptoms have hit me like a ton of bricks. Hopefully I will be fine in a few days. Take care of yourself my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to read this. As Cherie says, get well soon and I do hope you're not feeling too unwell. xx

      Delete
  2. It's a gorgeous day here as long as I stay indoors. The thermal warmth in my porch is fantastic. But it's darn cold outside

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cold, yes. And due to get colder, I gather. No snow though. Phew. xx

      Delete
  3. Opened the curtains and discovered snow! Not a lot, none on the roads mainly on car and grass. It went very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow. I'm sure it looked lovely. We're supposed to get a very little overnight but I don't think it will cause any problems. It had better not - I want to go into town tomorrow morning. :-) xx

      Delete
  4. It's a gloriously sunny day here, so I was up early getting the washing done and out on the line. We have to make the most of it while we can. I've already been shopping and as usual bought more than I needed, it would appear that I miss shopping for food, no wonder my cupboards are always full.

    I hope everything went well with the hall prep. It's nice to make things run smoothly for people at a time like that isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I am rather missing it too and am even looking forward to when I can food shop again - not that I need anything at the moment.

      Yes, it all went well, thanks It really was nice to be able to help in a practical way. xx

      Delete
  5. Cold and lightly snowing here. I hope all went well getting the hall ready.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contrary to what I said, we have had some snow overnight and it's snowing now (Wednesday).
      Yes, all went well, thanks. It was a very well appointed church hall. xx

      Delete
  6. You sound great. We took a gorgeous walk in the sunshine today. There is still snow everywhere. The cabins all look so pretty. I've been doing a lot of cooking today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They must look gorgeous - I loved the photos on your blog.
      There's great comfort in creating delicious and warming food in snowy conditions, isn't there. It feels so good. xx

      Delete
  7. Hope you had a good day. Chilly and windy here, but the sun was shining so can't complain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, definitely not - sunshine is cheering, whatever the temperature. It sounds beautiful. xx

      Delete