Wednesday 15 March 2023

Wednesday, 15-03-23

 Good morning, everyone.  It's a chilly start to the day today with temperatures below freezing but only the slightest hint of a frost.  The forecast is for sunshine - three cheers - and it should warm up fairly quickly.  

The new egg chair cover arrived yesterday and is now in use.  It won't be long before I'm sitting out there in the chair, enjoying the warmer weather when it comes.
The little clock isn't due to arrive until Friday which is a bit of a pain but there you go!  Prime doesn't always work, just usually.

I got one of the sort out things done and now all my tea towels, wipes, dishcloths, etc, fit nicely into the drawer and I have a stack of replacements tucked away elsewhere, ready for when what's in use wears out.  I didn't start the bedroom cupboards so that's maybe something for today.

One reason why I didn't start it yesterday is that I noticed a mistake in the four ply granny blanket.  There's not a lot of patterning in it, the colours are random, but there's is an underlying pattern and I'd got two squares wrong (and stitched them in) so I had to undo edging for about fourteen squares, adjust the order and stitch them back together.  I was very thankful I hadn't sewn those lose ends in and that the joining is by crochet rather than sewing so it was comparatively easy to do.  
You'd never have noticed but I knew and it was irritating me.  :-)

Chris came with me to Groove and, I think, really enjoyed herself.  It would be nice if she could come every week but she's a busy lady.  We will see.  

Today is shopping day.  Once I got down to it, I do have quite a list and am hoping that what I get today will see me through until the start of April apart from maybe a few fresh things.  I'm hoping to take a look round Dunelm and see what they have in the way of wall clocks too.  Must remember to take a few photos.
Later on, it's personal training.
Between the two, maybe I can get those bedroom cupboards sorted - one of them at least.  Fingers crossed but it's no big deal if I don't.  :-)

Interestingly, while I've been typing this, the hint of frost has developed into quite an obvious frost.  Maybe the skies have only just cleared as daybreak arrived.  It's looking quite pretty now.
Have a great day, everyone.  Stay warm and safe and enjoy what you have planned.  xx


14 comments:

  1. Isn't it irritating when you see mistakes in something you've finished? As you say, probably no-one else would notice, but it has to be put right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very! I was so happy to get it sorted. xx

      Delete
  2. Maybe no one else would have noticed the mistake but it would have bugged you forever, so it was very sensible to rectify while you still could, annoying to have to do, but sensible.

    Dunelm have a lovely selection of clocks, and very good coffee in the coffee shop too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a look earlier. They were OK but I will look around. HomeSense has clocks, I seem to remember. Plenty of options. I have discovered the kind I want is called 'skeleton'. I called it 'see through'. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. We didn't have frost but temperatures are right down which is a bit of a shock after yesterday's sunny spring day. I'm done with the cold and it needs to warm up now!

    Wayfair has a good selection of wall clocks if you have the patience to look through all the choices (there are loads!) and don't mind buying online. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having plenty of options - thanks very much.

      A bit of warmth would be lovely, wouldn't it!
      xx

      Delete
  4. I need to organize my cupboards, too. They are too full of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just too easy, isn't it? I didn't get very far, I'm afraid, but never mind.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I've done that so many times - discovered a mistake in a crocheted blanket or something. You're right, it's so blimmin irritating, even though I'm absolutely sure nobody else would notice unless we pointed it out to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would know though, wouldn't we, and that's the thing. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  6. I think I might be slightly weird. If I make a slight mistake I leave it as I always think it just shows I am not perfect. Also if it is just a tiny mistake I am too lazy to correct it. I was going to clean and declutter some of the drawers in the bedroom, but thought knitting would be more fun. And it was. Perhaps tomorrow.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not weird. We're all different, after all.
      Knitting is loads more fun, good for you. After all, the cupboards won't go away. They will be there another day. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  7. Glad you were able to get the crochet fixed. It's frustrating when you slip up. When I'm cross stitching I'm really fussy. I think I count and recount and recount again lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, with cross stitch - it can completely spoil the pattern, can't it? xx

      Delete