Saturday 11 March 2023

Saturday, 11-03-23

 Morning, everyone.  I've had one of my wakeful nights, getting to sleep easily but waking up middle of the night, wide awake.  I know better than to fight it at times so I came down, flipped up the heating (it's a chilly night), got myself a coffee and have done a few things.

Yesterday was really lovely!
I had a nice loss at SW group (phew) and also got the Slimmer of the Week hamper.  I wasn't the actual S of the W but they didn't stay for group and I was the next one down.  It was a good one with plenty of canned goods and fresh fruit; I was very happy with it.
While I was weighing people, I happened to glance out of the window and was gobsmacked to see that it was snowing heavily!  Where did that come from?  It was very pretty but nowhere near cold enough to settle or even slush so that was OK.  By the end of Group, it had pretty much stopped and then out came the sun.

When I got home, I pottered around for a bit before leaving to pick Alex up.  We were going to make out own ways into town but heavy rain had been forecast a couple of days before so I arranged to pick him up and drive in.
We had to wait for a short while before getting into the car park I wanted to use but, once in, it was easy enough to find a slot.
We enjoyed our lunch at Prezzo and then we attacked the shops.  The reason we were in town (apart from lunch together) was to get Al some new trousers as he needed a smaller size after losing some weight.  We (he) ended up getting a couple of pairs of smart trousers from M&S and some joggers from Next.  We did look in Primark but there wasn't really much and he didn't like the ones he tried on.  I broke my no-more-clothes rule by getting a pink hoodie in Primark which I'm going to wear with jeans today as it's supposed to be quite a chilly day.

I took Al home and had a quick chat with Beth.  Then it was home, James, for me where I warmed up properly before a bit more pottering about, doing not-a-lot.

Today really starts with an early morning SET class online.  Because I missed Groove on Tuesday, I asked could I join today's class.  It's not Groove but that's OK.  Once that's done, I have a few little plans, nothing big or exciting, just stuff I'd like to get done.

I was wondering if I could bake bread in Nellie.  Some say you can and some say you can't so, as my smallest loaf tins fit into the trays very nicely, I thought I would just give it a go and see.  
The other thing is that my herb and spice shelf really does need a good sort out and clean up.  Some of the contents are very, very old and just need chucking.  I plan to dispose of the really old stuff and, if I feel it needs to be replaces (if it's that old, I haven't used it so probably not), I will add it to a list and get a replacement from the market stall that sells herbs and spices by weight very much more reasonably than the little jars you get in the supermarkets.

I also have some washing building up now so I'll get that done.  Maybe it will be bright enough to peg it out - I doubt it will dry completely but it will freshen it up which is always nice.

I had written in the diary about a food shop, seeing as it is ten days since the last one but, actually, I still have plenty to be getting on with so there's no need.  Maybe next Wednesday, I'll see.

So that's today - a homey day and, I hope, productive in a small way.
How are things your way?  Any unexpected snow?
Take care, stay warm and have a lovely Saturday.  xx

12 comments:

  1. So nice to win the hamper - things like that give you a warm, fuzzy feeling, don't they? Enjoy wearing your pink hoodie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was really nice, thank you.
      The hoodie is cosy and comfy - I'm glad I got it. xx

      Delete
  2. Another win, well done you!!

    I'm glad I'm not the only one that still says 'Home James ...' the first time I ever said it to Alan I got the strangest look. Haha :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home, James, and don't spare the 'osses!' My Nanna used to say that a lot. I suppose it is a very old saying. xx

      Delete
  3. Good for you on winning the hamper. Now I think I better take a look at my spices and herbs. That area is a bit of a mess.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit shocked at how old some was. Absolutely no aroma whatsoever! It's looking a lot better now and I can get to everything without removing half the contents. xx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on winning the hamper, how neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great - I felt a bit sorry for the lady who should have won it because she did a lot better than me but there you go! Thanks, Belinda. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely that you won the hamper. Is Nellie the air fryer?
    A pink hoodie sounds just the job for the current weather!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I have the very infantile habit of naming some of my gadgets. The thermomix is Thermione (because she does nearly everything superbly well) and the Ninja is Nellie (because it is alliterative).
      The hoodie was very comforting yesterday and I'm glad I broke my rule and bought it. There's some lovely, light, spring colours in Primark at the moment. xx

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the weight loss and winning the hamper, even if only by default. Glad to hear you had a successful shopping trip with Alex ... a pink hoodie sounds perfect for this weather.

    Hope Nellie comes up trumps and the bread making experiment is a success. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen. It was a lovely time all round and I know Dad would have approved of me sharing my good fortune around a bit. That's what he did.
      xx

      Delete