Sunday 1 May 2022

Sunday

 


Starting with a photo - the birthday flowers are still looking gorgeous.

Good morning, everyone.  It's a dull start but yesterday was absolutely lovely so here's hoping today copies it.

It was a very quiet day and I was rather weary so I rested up, slept several times and generally took things very easy.

Today, I was hoping that Beth and Alex would come round and even bought a chicken to roast but now they can't so into the freezer it goes!  I'm popping round there for a short time after lunch instead.
The other thing I have to do is prep for the Very Last Tuition Session tomorrow morning and to work out a suitably inspiring message to write in the card I have got for my student.  That'll take me quite a while, I suspect.  Tidying out all my tuition resources will most likely take a lot longer though so perhaps I will start that this evening!

Have a lovely Sunday, whatever your plans.  xx

12 comments:

  1. The birthday flowers are looking lovely, I have just today thrown out mine they lasted and lasted. I'm just the same when faced with a blank card to write ... my mind goes totally blank!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how long flowers can last for, isn't it?

      Still thinking, but I have done the planning for the session so that's good.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Belated happy birthday, Joy! I hope your last day of tuition is wonderful! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Birthday, Joy. Your flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Belinda. They are lovely, aren't they. xx

      Delete
  4. The birthday flowers are beautiful. Hope your day goes well and you get to see Alex and Beth at some time today.

    The Very Last Tuition session ... that's come round really quickly hasn't it. I hope it goes well and becomes a special memory for you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did - and Little Pete too. Thanks, Eileen. xx

      Delete
  5. Does that mean you have decided to stop tuition entirely? That will be quite an adjustment.. It has been several years since I last did any teaching but I eased into it gradually and was quite relieved when I finally quit. Don't remember my last class, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have, Lockdown dealt it a major blow and the rest has come to an end quite naturally and 'organically', so to speak. I only had the one student left anyway. xx

      Delete
  6. Beautiful flowers. They are doing well. Congratulations on your retirement! You always have lots going on so I'm sure you will not have any trouble filling the time!

    ReplyDelete