Tuesday 17 May 2022

Tuesday

 Good morning, everyone.  The sun is shining brightly after a dull morning and sunny afternoon yesterday.  It looks set to stay around, fingers crossed.

Jeff turned up yesterday and worked his magic on those weeds.  It all looks so much better now - he's definitely one of the treasures in my life, he truly is.

Circuit training was great.  Some new things, a new war of organising the time - Lindsey really likes to ring the changes and we all enjoy the sessions very much indeed.

In the afternoon, I sat down at the PC and booked some things for next week.  I now have tickets for Sutton Hoo and the new Swords of the Kingdom exhibition that opens in a couple of days, I believe, Framingham Castle (been there several times but it is one of my favourite places and I hope to wander round the town and visit the nearby church as well, and to Saxtead Green Post Mill which I wanted to visit a long time ago but it is only open on Fridays and Saturdays, sadly.  It's no longer a working mill but it is in working order and the side says you can claim all over it and look around.

I'd also like to go back to Orford Castle and I've never been to Leiston Abbey and Aldborgh so, all in all, I'll have enough to do.

I'm also looking forward to my early morning walks on the sand, down to the harbour and back, along the pier, looking into the interesting little museums that were all closed last year because of Covid, and meandering up and down the High Street, enjoying all the little shops.

I had a good look on the Adnams site but I have already done the brewery and distillery tours and the 'make your own bottle of gin' thing looks interesting but is £95 which is far more than I would wish to pay!

Don't laugh, but not too far away, there is a Slimming World group which I am thinking seriously of going to one evening.  They're fun, really they are.

Today there's three main things. 
Firstly, there's Groove aerobics, then Seth is coming round to do a repair and discuss my plans for a garden room (he has his own building company) and later on I'm off into town for an appointment with the audiologist.

That's enough to keep me out of trouble!

Have a great day and I hope the sun shines on you . . . xx

10 comments:

  1. I wouldn't dream of laughing, I bet it's a really good atmosphere at a Slimming World club ... unless of course everyone has put on half a stone and is in a sulk!!

    All your plans sound wonderful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even then . . .
      Yes, it does have a great atmosphere and you get really friendly with people after a while. It's a social occasion. xx

      Delete
  2. It must feel exciting making plans for your trip. I'm not sure about slimming World, however, but I do admire your dedication. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels very exciting, yes. And I'm not stressing about getting there because I know the way now. xx

      Delete
  3. You are going to be super busy on your Suffolk visit - up and down the A12!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't I just. Fortunately, it isn't the most busy part of the road. xx

      Delete
  4. The planning stage is almost as much fun as the actual holiday. It all sounds very exciting. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's fun. There's a real buzz about it now. So nice. xx

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a lovely holiday.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's going to be lovely - thank you very much. xx

      Delete