Monday 2 May 2022

Monday

 Morning, everyone.  The sun is hiding but it's quite bright and dry so here's hoping for a pleasant day!

Beth has brought the new kitten home.  He's very little, the 'runt' of the litter, but very mature, despite his small size, very social, uses the litter tray, eats like a miniature horse, plays, snuggles and pounces.  He is absolutely gorgeous.  At the moment his name is variable.  Peter, Little Pete, PJ (all after my Dad, Peter John) and all sorts of love-names.  I'm sure something will establish, given time.

Here's a few photos and, yes, he does look a bit younger than he really is, being the runt, but see how cute he is . . . just look at those dear little paddy paws!

I had a very pleasant couple of hours.

I'm just back from my last ever tuition session.  I feel an odd mixture of release and sadness and I'll probably miss it but it was time and it occurred naturally rather than many of the others when Lockdown stopped it.  It means I can go out on Monday afternoons now.

Happy Bank Holiday to everyone who has it.  Have a really good day, everyone.  xx






22 comments:

  1. Aaawwwwww, cute! I like PJ ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's lovely - ever so friendly and so sociable. xx

      Delete
  2. Awwwww, what a cutie he's so teenie weenie. Happy full time retirement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :-0

      He is very small but the rate he's tucking away the kitten food, he will gain quickly. I'm going round for tea next Sunday and I think I will see quite a change. xx

      Delete
  3. Oh, he is a cutie. Don't you ever feel tempted to get a kitten or puppy? One of my friends keeps trying to persuade me to get one but I don't want the tie.

    It's the end of an era for you and I'm glad that your final pupil was one you enjoyed teaching. It'll feel strange at first but I'm sure you'll adjust to your new freedom quickly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had a pet, it would be a cat but no, I really don't feel tempted. Too much of a tie, too restrictive. And I can always enjoy Beth's. :-)
      Yes, definitely the end of an era. I'm not being asked to take on students any more - I think word has got round. I'm not sorry.
      xx
      xx

      Delete
  4. Such a sweetie! So lovable. I rather like the name PJ too. I so miss our cat and would love another kitten but still not allowed hopefully in the near future. Enjoy the kitty fun and games :-). Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep hoping . . . fingers crossed for you. xx

      Delete
  5. End of an era and enjoy your freedom! Such a cute kitten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he.
      I am going to enjoy it, I know. Right now there's a bit of sadness - but that won't last long!

      Delete
  6. Oooo I’m now anonymous- but it’s me - Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!! How off, have you changed your name or your URL or something? I hope you get your name back. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  7. Oh, Joy! He's adorable.
    Congratulations on your final tuition. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. Yes, a real sweetie! xx

      Delete
  8. What a gorgeous kitten! He looks so content and healthy. Onward and upward with your new direction in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is, thanks. Today he was trying to work out how to get into the other cats' chicken treat tin (he didn't, he's not old enough yet).
      xx

      Delete
  9. New little kitty looks adorable. I'm sure he will be quite a little character and lots of fun to be with.
    Enjoy your new Monday afternoon freedoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definiely a character - and a peoples' cat, I think. Perfect. xx

      Delete