Saturday 30 April 2022

Saturday

 Good morning, everyone.  We have real, proper sunshine this morning in a blue sky; what a good start to a Bank Holiday weekend, especially after yesterday when the sun finally came out just before it set which felt a real wasted effort of the sun's behalf!

I was so pleased with my loss at Slimming World yesterday (detail on t'other blog) and thoroughly enjoyed the meeting which was lots of fun.  We had a couple of new members and some are so close to target . . . I find that exciting (sad, I know).

I was delighted that Jen gave me a late birthday present - a window bird feeder and a set of three pairs of gardening gloves which are just what I needed.  So kind!

Once home, I pottered around doing this and that and the other, got the important paperwork sorted and back in the post to John, kept out of the cleaners' way (two of them this week) and generally had a gentle and easy day.

Today I want to get Val's gifts in.  There's some petunias, some mini petunias and a fuchsia and I'll probably put the last two together in a container and the other petunias in spaces in the flower bed.  I don't think they are trailing ones.


Just one other photo - the strawberries are starting to look promising.  Must get some netting up soon!

Apart from that, it's another lazy day.  Will I get up the motivation to go to the allotment?  Probably not as I'm having a bout of weariness this morning - aching and tired, and it depends when that passes really.  I have magazines to read, cross stitch to do, some meals to plan and telly to watch, not to mention the usual stuff so I won't be bored.

What are your plans for today.  Do you do anything special on bank holidays?

10 comments:

  1. I'm having a quiet day at home too - clearing the garage has sapped all my energy!

    Congratulations on you weight loss this week. I really admire how you stick at it. Enjoy your time in the garden today xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a really lovely, restful day and thank you. xx

      Delete
  2. I've been out all over the place today, lots of events happening - blog fodder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward very much to reading about it. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. No Bank Holiday here but it’s been a lovely sunny day and the forecast indicates it will be sunny tomorrow too.We will go up to the castle tomorrow morning because it must be looking really lovely up there after all the rain we have had. A nice quiet restful weekend for us. Enjoy your bank holiday. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good dose of rain is so refreshing, isn't it? Have a lovely time. xx

      Delete
  4. My strawberries are looking promising as well. Quite surprising, as I'm sure they are usually later to flower than yours.
    Enjoy your weekend! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine were quite poor last year so my fingers are crossed - for yours as well. I know it's been 'chilly' lately but the winter has been pretty mild so maybe that's brought them on. xx

      Delete
  5. It's all looking really lovely! I tried strawberries once. No luck at all. I think it doesn't help with the rabbits and deer around - they eat everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The local pigeons are eying up the strawberry bed. I will have to cover them soon, darn it! xx

      Delete