Thursday 12 May 2022

Thursday

 Good morning, everyone!  We have sunshine this morning, proper sunshine, not like yesterday when it faded into cloud and then rain by mid morning.  Fingers crossed

Yesterday looked busy on paper but it wasn't so bad really.  I got into town just after nine and went to Specsavers first where I made two appointments.  The first was for a sight test as it's been two years since the last one, I think I need a new prescription and anyway, they said every two years because of baby cataracts.
Then I spoke to the trainee audiologist and made a different appointment as I want to get new hearing aids and one of my current set needs to go off for repair as it keeps cutting out.
I was pleased to get both appointments sorted out, even though it means two visits into town next week.

Then I went to Nationwide where I needed to get a few things sorted out - and now I can access my accounts online - I've just checked.  That's good.

After all of that, I went to John Lewis to get a shiny new omelette pan, my old one being more than a bit manky.  I decided to go a bit upmarket so fingers crossed it will be worth it.  Then I did Lakeland but didn't get much there, being fine for poly bags, etc, after bringing some of Mum and Dad's stock home with me several months ago.

And then it was home where there was a parcel on the doorstep.  Hotter shoes.  Just in time for holiday, excellent.

Personal training was as good as it always is.  I so enjoy these sessions and, as I don't have a lot of personal motivation, they keep me moving and are helping to to get fitter no end.
Glasses, hearing aids, exercise classes - they're all about investing in myself and the quality of the rest of my life, aren't they?

Sewing Bee was good again although I was surprised to find how few has done shirring.  In my youth I made several sun dresses that basically were tubes, shirred at the top and with added straps.  Dead easy, not much fabric needed and, at one time, very much the thing.
And as for the elimination, justice was done!

Poor Little Pete had a traumatic experience.  He had A Flea.  Eeeek.
He's far too young for the conventional treatment so it had to be a bath, something that didn't go down at all well, as you can imagine.

Did you ever see anything so Dobby-like in your life?  "Mistress has given Dobby a bath!" 
Poor little chap!




And afterwards . . .  "How could you, Mum?"
Those eyes!!


Today starts with the usual coffee and chat with Chris - she's coming here this week so I've tidied the place up just a little bit.  After that, I need to do a little shop, mainly for fresh stuff plus a few bits because Dave and Anna are coming over for a meal (Chinese takeaway) tomorrow evening.
And in the afternoon, I am doing a leaflet drop.

As I did some washing yesterday, there's a little pile of ironing to deal with and there's a pile of whites that I will start off after I've finished this - they should line dry today.

So that's my day.  Nice and easy, not too much like hard work and plenty of time to chill too.  I've started my packing list and will probably add to that on and off through the next days.
Have a super day, everyone, and stay safe.  xx

16 comments:

  1. Oh dear, poor Little Pete, he looks so sad. He really needs to grow into those ears, doesn't he?! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are ginormous without the fluff, aren't they? Huge. xx

      Delete
  2. Oh, bless him! He reminds me of a little bat. I hope he wasn't too traumatised after his first bathing experience.
    I've a regular pile of whites to iron myself, since Lily has started having karate lessons!
    Have a lovely day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess he will survive it. He was Not Happy though, definitely!
      Good luck with the ironing. Good for Lily!
      xx

      Delete
  3. A flea??? on Yoda??? how dare it!! Poor little scrap, hope the treatment worked and Peter has forgiven Mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee. I'm sure he has - he likes his food too much not to! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Oh those ears on the poor little mite. My friend used to bath her cat on a regular basis and i didn't even know that was a thing. She wrapped it in a big towel and dunked the bundle in some warm water and gave it a thorough shampooing. Gawd knows how it didn't scratch her to bits... Just a thought... what if Pete doesn't grow into those ears... what if they just continue to grow. He'll be able to flap them and fly... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth is just very thankful she doesn't need to do that with the others - they WOULD scratch her to bits.
      As far as the ears are concerned, time alone will tell so fingers crossed. They rally are enormous in comparison, aren't they?
      xx

      Delete
  5. Oh those eyes! and he's even teenier when wet. Hope he doesn't sulk like our dog used to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He gave Beth a good telling off and then snuggled under her top and refused to come out. She had to take part in an online meeting with him there. xx

      Delete
  6. Poor little guy. There is no way we could have gotten our cat any where near water, she would fight and scratch (perhaps even bite her way out).

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The others would too - Peter is too little to fight much! :-) xx

      Delete
  7. I've just had another look at those eyes. When I was in terrible pain after the hip op that went wrong I tried some wacky backy for the pain... it didn't work at all but I'm sure that my eyes looked like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a How Could You, Mum look, isn't it?
      I'm very glad your hip is now so much better - I remember you writing about how awful it felt. xx

      Delete
  8. Very Dobby looking! Adorable! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he. He's lost that now he's some weeks older. xx

      Delete