Friday 13 May 2022

Friday

 Morning, everyone.  The sun is shining, there's a pleasant breeze and I have given my containers a bit of a watering, just to keep them happy.  It was pretty pleasant yesterday so fingers crossed it continues.

My chat with Chris was lovely but it's the last one for a while now as one or both of us can't make the next three weeks.  We will have loads to talk about when they resume in June (!!!), won't we?

After that and having had breakfast, I drove along to M&S to do just a very small shop, just fresh stuff, and noticed that the signs are all up for road closures.  In a fortnight it is the RideLondon peloton event . . .
https://ridelondon.co.uk/
. . . and, as they organisers have an 'arrangement' with Essex, there's going to be a fair bit of road disruption.  On the Friday, it's all around Maldon so doesn't affect us here but on Saturday and Sunday they are using a lot of the route that the Tour de France took several years ago and it will be right past the end of the cul de sac.  On Saturday, the roads are only closed from around 10-45 to 11-45 but on the Sunday they are closed pretty much all day.
I will have access in and out but, while the road is closed, there will be queues of traffic, I expect.

Then I got the leaflet drop done (for SW) so I can face Jen with a clear conscience this morning.

And finally, I finished the washing and got all the drying and ironing done so that was good.  I like an empty ironing basket!

Today starts with Slimming World and then I need to just make sure the house is fit for the cleaners to work their particular brand of magic.  I might take a drive out somewhere - I'll see how I feel.

This evening, Dave and Anna are round but there's no work involved as we're having a Chinese takeaway and I bought a lemon tart for a treat.
It'll be nice to see them and find out how the move is going.

Hoping the sun shines for you and you have a wonderful day.  xx

6 comments:

  1. I hope your weigh in went well and you are pleased with the result. Even if you're not, put it out of your mind and enjoy your Chinese takeaway with Dave and Anna tonight. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did, I was pleasantly surprised s well as a bit baffled. And the evening was lovely. xx

      Delete
  2. Will you watch the cyclist go by the end of your street? I would find that very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably. There's no access from my end of the cul de sac onto the main road but there's just next door, a drop down and it's the race road. Plenty of viewing places. xx

      Delete
  3. You will have lots to talk about the next time you meet. Hope Slimming World went well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Won't we just!!
      It did, thanks, it was good. xx

      Delete