Wednesday 26 August 2020

Wednesday

Morning, everyone.  It's a fine but blustery morning but we don't seem to have had strong enough winds to cause any damage round here.  It might be a different matter down the allotment, mind you, where I expect the sunflowers will have been flattened.  Note to self - stake them up better next year!  I ought to make a detour down there after personal training to check.

Yesterday was nice, despite some heavy rain at times morning and evening.  Tuition went well, as did aquarobics, after which I had lunch and then decided it really was time to sort out all my old tuition papers.  I had filed away the students' previous work in plastic folders and there was a great stack of them in the cupboard, all perfectly useless now, not needed gain and a waste of space.
It took a good couple of hours to go through everything, shredding anything in the least bit personal (not very much) and tearing up the rest into bits to go in the paper sack which will be collected tomorrow so it's a good time to get that all done.

I also replaced my current students' rather battered and re-used plastic folders with new ones, sorted all the old stuff out of them and took note of un-started work sheets, etc.  Most of them now have their planning for the next session done and dusted which I will appreciate in the next fortnight or so.

Finally, I went through my pencil case, chucked out old and battered pens, sharpened all my pencils and generally got it all in good order again.

There's now room in my cupboard so today I will get all the study books, etc, into proper order again and make a note of any gaps there may be.

Doing that felt great!

I didn't bother to wash my hair after aquarobics as it didn;t get soaked and I wasn't going out again so it dried any old way with all the natural waves.  Walking past the mirror later, I did a bit of a double take and when Beth arrived to pick up her allotment haul, she thought, for just a split second, that she saw Mum.  It helped that I was wearing a warm turtle neck jumper, very like the ones she often wore.
There's no getting away from it - now the weight is off, instead of looking like my Dad and brothers, I look significantly more like my Mum, especially with my hair all wavy.
It'll be properly dried this morning; it was more than a bit disconcerting yesterday.  Nice, but not entirely comfortable, if you see what I mean.

Today I have an early tuition session and then not much until personal training later than usual.  In between, I will finish off sorting out all my tuition stuff ready for the new school year and do some washing.  Providing there's no rain, everything should dry really quickly which will be good.  Hopefully, I can get the ironing done this evening too.

So that's today.  It should be a good 'un.    Stay safe, everyone, and I hope this strong wind hasn't done any damage your way.  xx



8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got off lightly with the storm! Wales was hammered but less so in my area. I have a rotary clothes line that was (note the 'was') attached to a lot retaining wall by plastic brackets and that didn't survive but at least no floods... How does the wind blow down an open clothesline with no cover on? Weird...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness knows but I'm sorry for the damage done. Was the wall OK?
      xx

      Delete
  2. That wind last night was horrible - woke me up several times but luckily no damage.
    Hope you find the allotment is OK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, to be fair, it could have been horrible here too - I wouldn't hear it.
      xx

      Delete
  3. The wind kept me awake but there's no damage this morning. I hope everything is okay at the allotment.

    Sharpening pencils and getting my pencil case ready was always my last prep job for a new term!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - it takes us back, doesn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  4. We had wind and rain too, but no garden damage.. your haul yesterday looked wonderful. We have loads of tomatoes, still picking beans, and cos lettuce, Beetroot have been good and spring onions.. for such a small raised bed we're doing ok. Leeks, garlic and purple sprouting broccoli are all growing well. So we're pleased.. my flower beds have suffered from the lack of rain, but we only watered the veg. Ah well next year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have such a varied selection; how lovely. Ours has been rather limited but we have a few plans for a bit more stuff next year, once we get the raised beds up and running.
      xx

      Delete