Friday 21 August 2020

Friday

Good morning, everyone.  Yesterday turned out lovely after some initial cloudiness and today looks like being the same which is cheering. 

My student's mum cancelled the tuition session because she wanted to take the family to the beach (we're not a million miles away from places like Southend, Maldon, etc, here.  I didn't mind; I offer holiday sessions but don't expect attendance and the planning will hold until the next one.  We've agreed to wait now until the term starts as there's such a lot for mums to do leading up to the start of the new school year.  Luckily, the last remaining slot I have suits her very well indeed so that's my timetable all done and dusted for next term.  Excellent.

Jackie turned up for lunch and we had a grand old time talking about this, that and the other.  She has recently been away to Norfolk with one of her daughters and two granddaughters and has had a whale of a time there so we talked about that and then about my planned holiday.
We've often said about going away together.  At one point Italy was mentioned but that's out of sight now.  If I enjoy my holiday in Nottinghamshire at the Warner's Hotel, we would like to go back there together, get side by side rooms and generally have a fab time.  That would be super so fingers crossed for this.

The first back to real life Slimming World group was - er - different.  The numbers are limited to thirty and there's a new weighing routine that involves juggling membership card and contactless paying card, doing their own weigh and so on, so it all took much longer that anticipated and there wasn't much time for general talk which is usually the main part of the meeting.
However, I came out with a fistful of certificates and shiny stickers, earned during lockdown, and it should all get faster and more efficient as people get used to how it all works now.
My main problem was that with masks, I could hardly make out what people were saying which was quite frustrating.  Never mind, the atmosphere is great and it's all very welcoming and encouraging.  And free, now I'm at target!  :-)

Today, as you may have gathered by the time of writing and publishing, I've not gone swimming.  When I thought about it, I realised that I just didn't need the extra complication so cancelled.  I think I said yesterday, I'm aware that there's a 'danger' of taking on more things and cluttering up my days and I have really enjoyed and appreciated the calmer, less busy times during lockdown.  I need to be careful here.

Sharon comes at nine thirty to work her magic on my hair and then it's packing and off to Dad's.  That's enough for one day.

I'll try to keep this up over the weekend but if I don't, I'll be back on Monday.

8 comments:

  1. I too am enjoying the calmer days, giving myself time to engage in and enjoy whatever I've chosen to do. The groups I belonged to are still suspended but I don't thing I will be rushing to rejoin (except for the choir of course).

    I hope you have a great weekend with your Dad. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen, I'm sure I will.

      There's definitely no need to rush back and this period has been good for evaluating life.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I've been noticing the same thing about being overscheduled. It's just too upsetting and stressful. You can't put a price on being calm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time with your Dad this weekend. Take care. I agree that not overscheduling is a good thing. Sorry that it was hard to communicate at SW. I find it hard to understand folks with masks on sometimes too. Frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather but a necessary thing so I just grin and manage the best I can. There's not a lot we can do about it, is there?
      xx

      Delete
  4. Have a lovely visit with your Dad.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete