Wednesday 19 August 2020

Wednesday

Good morning.  There's a slightly ominous look to the sun this morning (if you know what I mean) but it is sunny so let's hope for the best and ignore what the Beeb says about heavy rain before midday!

Yesterday really was a very pleasant say indeed.
The first tuition session went really well with an articulate and analytical student.  I think we will do well together.

Then I went off for aquarobics.  Led by a different person from last week, I didn't feel it was so carefully thought through and the one way system fall apart as the way was blocked by the equipment trolley.  I managed to avoid the crowds and, as I showered at home, was able to get a cubicle to change in (which I wiped down afterwards).

I had lunch and then popped down to the allotment, coming back with . . .


. . . plus some raspberries that I forgot to include in the photo!

Lovely stuff although I now feel guilty because Beth says she can go down today and I picked what was there really.  I've said come to mine and I can hand a lot of it over to her.

The rest of the day passed doing the usual, daily stuff.

Today I have a chat with Chris, possibly online as the forecast is none too promising, followed by personal training with Lindsey which I am looking forward to very much.

Hopefully, Beth will be round some time in the afternoon.

That's it as far as organised things are concerned but I shall start popping things in my case for Friday as tomorrow looks to be quite busy.
That's it!  A very normal day and a nice one too.  You have a good'un as well.  xx

10 comments:

  1. It's so lovely to have all that fresh homegrown produce, isn't it? Although sometimes I do groan a bit (silently of course) when husband brings in another trugful....he grows it, but I have all the prep and cooking or preserving of it to do. But I'm not moaning really, I'm very thankful for it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I know what you mean about the after-work but, in the longer term, I suppose it's worth the effort really. :-)
      It maked a difference to the budget too.
      xx

      Delete
    2. I know exactly what you mean Sooze. Only in my case it's usually me that has filled a box with harvested stuff and then I have to deal with it in the house. It makes the supermarket ready washed and prepared stuff seem highly desirable ... until you taste the homegrown food, then suddenly it's worth it again.

      Delete
  2. Another prize winning tray in the "Vegetables displayed on a tray" class in a village show!
    Heavy rain forecast later - have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > thanks! It does my heart good when I look at it all like that.
      xx

      Delete
  3. We have the heavy rain already, so no chance of a walk today!

    Hope you enjoy your meet with Chris even if it has to be online - at least that's an option now isn't it. That's a bit worrying about the organisation at the pool but hopefully it was a one-off glitch. Enjoy your PT as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sky is definitely clouding over now. Never mind, we've had a little bit of sun anyway.
      xx

      Delete
  4. That's a nice little veg box Joy. I am chuffed to bits at just how much my ordinary suburban gardening is producing. I have so many plans for it next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very exciting, isn't it? I can see how and why people get the gardening bug.
      I'm so looking forward to seeing how yours all goes.
      xx

      Delete
  5. That tray looks very appealing. What a lovely mix of fresh produce and a worthy entrant into a Vegetable Show ... if only there were any on this year.

    ReplyDelete