Monday 24 August 2020

Monday

Good morning, everyone.  I'm home after a very easy drive across country.  The first thing I did after unloading the luggage was to pick tomatoes - I was only away three days!!


. . . and there's more that will be ready tomorrow.
I shall definitely have to start processing some for the freezer and the winter months, won't I?

Today I will sort out the washing, etc, generally unpack and then deal with the tomatoes.  That will take a while.  I'll peel some and freeze them whole and some will make passata.  It's a lovely feeling, being able to set produce aside for the wintry months.

Not a long post today.  ( hope you all have a very pleasant and safe day.  xx

10 comments:

  1. That's a nice little crop. Mine are only producing enough ripe ones to have some for lunch each day at the moment. It's lovely picking them and eating them straight off the plant... No food miles at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not even a food metre when we do that! Brilliant, isn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  2. You need a recipe book - 99 ways with tomatoes! Not sure anyone has written one yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - wouldn't that be useful. There's loads of ideas in t'internet though. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Yum ... I can taste them from here! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been - quite a lot. They're lovely.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They are. For some of them I should now use the past tense. Just as well they are low calorie and very, very good for us!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Tomatoes seem to ripen so very quickly. I did a batch for the freezer today and will more than likely have more to do by the end of the week. Still, they taste so wonderful I really don't mind.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great crop, Joy and they look delicious. X

    ReplyDelete