Tuesday 11 August 2020

Tuesday

Good morning, everyone.
Phew, yesterday really was hot!  Maybe it felt hotter because my home isn't as cool as Dad's.  It was OK through the night with fan on and duvet off.
Today will be similar, 'they' say.

Random photo of the tomatoes I picked at Dad's.  Delicious!


I had a very easy drive home from Dad's, not much traffic and precious few hold-ups anywhere.  Once home, I hustled and bustled around, getting things sorted.  I decided not to do any washing as I had Lisa round for lunch and didn't want the washing up on the line so that is on today's list of Things To Do!

Beth had done a great job of watering the plants and, great excitements, there were runner beans to pick.  Not so many tomatoes as I had told her to pick them for herself but she had left a few for me which was nice.

Lisa arrived and we had a great time hearing each other's news.  We worked for a number of years together so there are a lot of shared memories, lots of funny things, children to remember with affection, etc, not to mention generally catching up.  It was really lovely.

After she had gone, I cleared up and chilled before making tracks to the allotment to water.  Again, Beth (and Alex) had done sterling service and it was actually still damp under the courgettes, despite the heat.
Beth had done a big picking on Sunday but there were still more things to pick - runner beans, baby corn, courgettes, one tomato, one potato (exposed by a random wild creature while digging, I expect), cucumber and raspberries.  Wonderful.


The trug I made just after retirement on the weaving course is coming into use again now!

Watering wasn't as unpleasant as I thought it might be.  The allotment is very open but with trees around the perimeter and there was a lovely breeze blowing.
When I got home I picked the first runners plus some tomatoes and then got the runners topped, tailed, sided and sliced and they are now in a big in the fridge for use today and tomorrow.

Today looks to be quite busy.
I have an early tuition session before Chris comes round for our weekly get together.  Then, very exciting, at midday I have an aquarobics class books down at the gym.  Part of me is rather apprehensive but the arrangements look very safe and to actually be in the pool again will be simply wonderful.  I had a bit of a panic yesterday evening trying on my swimming costumes but one of them just fits so that's OK for today and I will get onto Cotton Traders to get another one (assuming they still have some).  They have a nice, simple style that works for me!  I like to have one spare.
Later on, I will be doing the allotment again as Beth is busy today.

I should sleep well tonight!

Have a great day, stay as cool as you can and remember to drink plenty of fluids!

10 comments:

  1. Plenty of fluids is definitely the right way to go but you then get to spend a lot of time in the smallest room . Enjoy your swim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sweat a lot off though as well. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh wonderful - a chance to swim. Not open round here yet. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so looking forward to it, despite the apprehension.
      xx

      Delete
  3. We had heavy rain during the night so everything feels fresh this morning. I think it'll be very hot later on.

    Aquarobics sounds a perfect way to exercise on a hot day ... I hope for your sake that there are no costume disasters! Will you start swimming regularly again now, providing all their safety measures are observed by other members of the public?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I will. I'm just back and it was absolutely great! Numbers are being very carefully controlled and all the procedures seemed to be in place.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Last night felt the warmest it had been in a long time and I was kept awake by the thunderstorms. We really enjoyed our time swimming last week and even better that the changing rooms are cleaned meticulously between each session.
    The trug looks great. Have a lovely day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a super aqua class and now I'm looking forward to my early morning swim on Friday.
      xx

      Delete
  5. So could use another good rain here. However I am looking forward to lying on the deck and watching the meteor shower again tonight.

    Love the trug you made.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie.
      I hope you got to see the meteor shower. It sounds lovely.
      xx

      Delete