Monday 17 August 2020

Monday

Good morning!  It was a damp and misty start to the morning and when I went out to pick some tomatoes it smelled almost autumnal - that slightly smoky, misty, a-little-bit-chilly sort of tang that is peculiar to that time of year!  I guess it is almost autumn when you think about it.

The mist has now gone and it looked as if the sun was coming out but it's still a little bit dull.  Maybe, later on . . .

Swimming yesterday featured the Return of the Gossip Girls, bless them.  You have to imagine my affectionate tones here because I think they are very friendly people.  Anyway, some were there but the were thwarted as they had to swim in a row rather than side by side and one of them was moved to another lane.
It was a nice swim but comparatively busy - I still felt safe although maybe I won't go on Sundays any more.
I'm wondering about trying Saturdays, first session, instead; maybe there will be fewer as people enjoy a Saturday lie-in.  It would have to be once a fortnight, of course.  Or perhaps there's aquarobics on Saturday - must check.

Once home, I wrapped myself around a lovely fresh mug of coffee, caffeine and all.  It was lovely - it's easy to forget how great a hot drink feels after a swim.

It was a funny old day - dull, some drizzle, a bit of heavy rain (but nothing like Saturday) and it felt a bit humid as well.  I've had several blight warnings now so am keeping a sharp eye on the tomatoes and giving them a shake now and again to get rid of some excess moisture.  Fingers crossed!

Today is another quiet day.
I have a basket of ironing and there are some cheeky weeds in the flower bed so I will sort them out.
I'll probably take a trip to the allotment, not to water (heaven forbid!) but because I tried the windfall apples yesterday (picked up on Friday) and they were really tasty.  I had to cut them up, of course, but that's not a problem and they were delicious so waste not, want not - I'm getting some more!
This afternoon, Jeff is coming to work wonders on the garden (weather permitting) and I will consult him about the drain.  It might be that he can clear it - he's a general handyman type person, very useful to know) or at least advise.
Then, this evening, Beth's organising a Zoom chat between her, me, Julia and Linda (we used to eat out together once a month) and I am looking forward to this very much.

Should be a good day, I think, and I hope yours is too.  Be safe.  xx

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very good day ahead - enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will - it's a day for taking things easy. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. I hope Jeff is able to sort out the issue with the drain for you.

    Enjoy your day, especially the zoom meeting with Beth and friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, fingers crossed.
      Thanks - it's been good so far. xx

      Delete
  3. I hope Jeff was able to fix your drain problem.

    Have a wonderful week, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that you are back to swimming! I go to the lake all the time. I know what you mean about a hot cup of coffee after a swim. It's divine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like a great big hug, doesn't it?
      xx

      Delete