Friday 28 August 2020

Friday

Morning, everyone.  How are things?
It's still dull and gloomy outside and the forecast is for heavy rain showers and a gentle breeze which doesn't sound all that encouraging really.  Another day for staying inside, I think.

Yesterday worked out well.  It ended up busier than expected but none the worse for that.

The early morning swim was great.  Seven is obviously the time to go - when I got in the pool there were seven of us so loads and loads of room.   After ten minutes I looked round and there were five and by the time I got out there were three of us.  I'm definitely booking that time from now on!

There were various chores to get on with at home and then, after lunch, I drove around to the Peugeot garage to arrange for an MOT and service.  The very pleasant lady booked me in for next Wednesday and the car will be picked up early morning and dropped back in the evening.  I will have to tidy it up - it's very messy after trips to the allotment and, as they do a valet as part of the service, I need to make sure that they can.  I've been meaning to get it sorted out for a couple of weeks so it's good that I have to.  No more procrastination!

I then drove on to a shopping area (what do you call it when it's not indoors - precinct?, mall? - no, retail park, that's the word! and meandered around Dunelm and M&S Food Hall, just for fun really.
There was very little temptation in Dunelm although I do enjoy looking around the kitchen section and in M&S I bought some nice looking grapes and a tray of mixed pizza slices - half tomorrow and half for the freezer.  Yum!

Pizza from Ocado: Shop
Yesterday was the second Slimming World back-to-group meeting.  It all went much more smoothly and Jennifer had time to do a proper talk after the weigh ins, partly because she started proceedings a bit earlier, as soon as she was ready.  As last week, it was lovely to see people again.
I was very pleased and very surprised by my weigh in - details in t'other blog.

Once home again, I was in the middle of cooking my dinner when Dave and Anna turned up.  As it wasn't that convenient, we fixed that they are coming over this evening for dinner and a good old chat and catch up!  I'm looking forward to that very much.

Today Chris is coming round this morning and this afternoon one of my students' mums is coming round to put me up to date on the support they have been giving/receiving during lockdown.  It should be very helpful indeed.
In between these two the cleaners should come and make my downstairs all lovely and shiny clean so I don't have to do it before Dave and Anna get here.
I really ought to change the bedding today as well but that may slip back until tomorrow and I had got it in the diary to spend a couple of hours at the allotment but that's not happening now.

Well, I'd better get going.  I have a load of tomatoes cooking in Thermione to make a sauce for what I'm making for dinner and it needs dealing with.
Have a great day, whatever you have planned.  xx

8 comments:

  1. I think today is going to be wet and cold so definitely for staying indoors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got the drying rack out and up! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. It's grey and drizzly outside just now but we are forecast some dry spells later today. Like yourself, I really need to clean out my car, it appears to contain a substantial amount of sand and mud in the footwells. I should really make more of an attempt to keep on top of it but I have been enjoying the summer weather while it lasts. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing how the muck collects, isn't it? There's always something!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the weight loss. That's fantastic news!

    I hope you have a good time today ... it sounds like a 'people' sort of day, so enjoyable despite whatever the weather throws at us. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen. I was really happy!
      Yes, it's a people day - one has them now and again. :-) It should be a lot of fun.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Mixed pizza slices - what a great idea! They all look tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Timing is everything, isn't it? That's great that you can swim when the pool isn't crowded. I go to the lake when the lifeguard gets on duty. (10:00 a.m.) I am usually the only one in the water!

    ReplyDelete