Thursday 20 August 2020

Thursday

Good morning, everyone.  After some rain yesterday, it seems to have cleared up now so fingers crossed for a nicer day today.  The Beeb is optimistic.

Yesterday passed quietly enough.  I had a lovely chat with Chris and personal training was great fun.  My shoulder seems to have settled properly now; I did wonder if the swimming would set it off but no, after an initial ache it seems to have helped.  Lindsey and I agreed that I'd do one more forty five minute session and then resume full hours again.  That, with two swims and an aqua class should give me my two and a half hours of moderate exercise that one is supposed to have each week and anything else is a plus,

Beth couldn't come over after all which was disappointing.

I got an email from Warners, inviting me to book my meal times for my holiday at Thoresby Hall in October.  It used to be that one could just turn up but they are having to be much more strict with numbers now so breakfasts and dinners are at specific times.  The evening entertainments are back on again now although masks are expected in many areas of the hotel.  It should be fine and I'm looking forward to it after my other two holidays (oh, first world problems with a vengeance here!!!) were cancelled.  No grumbles, it is what it is, but I'm looking forward to this one very much.

Today is much more organised.  I originally had a swim booked for this morning but, when I looked at my diary, I realised that while three organised things in a day were manageable, four was verging on too much so I cancelled it and re-booked for tomorrow, which works well for more than one reason.

So the first thing today is a tuition session.

Later on, Jackie is coming over for lunch and a good chat, much of it outside if today's forecast is to be believed.  That will be very pleasant indeed.

There will be a time gap in the afternoon when I can do all the clearing up and finish packing my case for tomorrow.
Then it is the first back to reality Slimming World meeting.  I shall be helping out and I think Jen would like me to man the 'shop'.   Usually I used to do the weighing but this first time back Jen wants to do that herself, which is very wise, I think.
I also think the shop will be quite busy as people will be stocking up on HiFi bars which are incredibly popular.
It should be fun, even with masks on!

Another nice day, I think.
Stay safe, well and happy.  xx


6 comments:

  1. It really sounds as though things are getting back to a little more like normal there. Things here keep getting opened and shut down again as there seems to be no agreement on how to handle things. I must admit that I'm just getting tired and getting down about the whole thing. Tired of people moaning about what must be done and bucking against it. Just seems that makes it drag on longer. Sigh. Sorry.

    Swim sounds nice. Glad you can get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that generally people can cope with change as long as it's not too erratic. However, you will always get a few who moan just for the sake of moaning really and, I agree, that's wearing.
      xx

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a nicely balanced day you have planned for yourself.

    It's a shame about the cancelled holidays but, as you say, first world problems. My November one has been cancelled because it was centred around live music events so can't go ahead. I hope your Warners one works out - is that one of their activities hotels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. It has a pool, treatment rooms and an exercise studio as well as outdoors activities. I'm looking forward to this.
      xx

      Delete
    2. I've been looking at one of these so will be interested to hear how you get on.

      Delete
    3. I will certainly blog about it! :-)
      xx

      Delete