Saturday 29 August 2020

Saturday

Good morning, everyone.  The day started off cold, damp and windy but now it's cold, sunny and windy instead.  Well, chillier than one would expect anyway.

Apologies for the lateness.  I decided I would do my weekly shop at Salisbury's and I find it's a lot easier earlier on the morning so I aimed to get there for eight.

I managed to find everything on the list and, me being me and Sainsbury's being Sainsbury's, I managed to find a pair of lighter blue jeans and a blue top to go with it, both size tens (yay!) and then a duffel coat (NOT a ten as I want it to go over my winter jumpers).
The top was an impulse buy bit it was so pretty and so me that I had to.  The other two are items on my clothes list.  I now have enough jeans at the right size so won't be looking for any more.  As for the coat - well, the other day I went through my winder coats, etc, and found that pretty much what I've been wearing over the last two years is now way too big.  I have my lovely long Windsmoor coat that I've had for thirty years and only worn a few times and which is now perfect and I have the jackets and duffel coat I inherited from Mum which are fine but a bit tatty now.  So I've been looking for something warm and coaty-like but not too long.  When I saw this coat, I just knew it was for me.  I love duffel style coats and this one has a furry trim around the hood which I also love.  It wasn't outrageously expensive for what it is either.

I've found a photo on the Tu website so here it is.

Grey Faux Fur Hooded Duffel Coat With Wool

I just love it.  It has to be dry cleaned but - well, you can't have everything, can you?

Yesterday went very well.  Chris was unwell and couldn't come over but I had my afternoon catch up chat and my student came too which was great because now we have an agreement as to what we will do.  It's so much better to get the student onside.

Dave and Anna came round for dinner and we had a lovely time - well, I did anyway - catching up with what's been going on.  When they'd gone, I felt really tired, so went to bed and promptly woke up again.  Very annoying.  I didn't have a very good night's sleep so I'll probably spend the afternoon snuggled up in my owly fleece which is 99% certain to send me off to sleep.

I've just looked out and the sun has gone,. the wind is strong and it just looks chilly.  I'm glad I'm indoors.
xx


9 comments:

  1. How exciting to be a size 10! IdI like duffle coats as well. Is it the same colour as the picture? And did they have any jacket ones rather than full length please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's grey as in the photo. It's not really full length as in on or below the knee, it's a sort of half way between a coat and a jacket in length really. They did have some jackets but not in that style.
      xx

      Delete
  2. That coat looks lovely! I have a winter coat that is more functional than anything as the temperatures here get ridiculously low and I'm out taking photos. I am so bundled up I look like the Michelin man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your photos from last winter - they made me feel cold just looking at them! All that snow too - very lovely but brrrrrrrrr.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. I saw it and just knew it was for me. I'm so pleased.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Me too. I'm so glad I decided to go to Sainsbury's to shop yesterday! Now I'm all set for the winter. :-)
      xx

      Delete