Friday 7 August 2020

Friday

Good morning!  The sun is up and shining brightly, I've picked five tomatoes and scoffed a raspberry and life is great!  :-)

The latest garden excitement is that the tiger stripe tomatoes are starting to ripen.  I think they're going to look most attractive on the plate, they are so pretty!  I'm not sure if the stripes will end up a blackish sort of colour or yellow - I will find out, won't I?  I've never grown this type before but, if they taste as nice as they look, it won't be the last time.


Another big excitement is that yesterday I hit my Slimming World target.  If you follow my other blog as well, apologies for the repetition. but this is a huge, major thing for me.  I'd given up four years ago but, since the time after my gall bladder 'crash' I have gradually wobbled my way to a loss of two pounds shy of seven stone.  Nearly a whole person.  So I am so happy.

And the third excitement is that the techy people at my local Nuffield Gym have sorted out my booking online problems and I have been able to book a swimming session and an aquarobics session next week.  I'm really looking forward to them but need to check that my costume still fits - don't want it falling off!
Four years ago, whoever would have predicted that I would have counted the above as an excitement, eh?   How things change.

All this excitement more than made up for the fact that my student wasn't able to come for the tuition session and suddenly the morning seemed quite empty.  I got the shopping list done and will be going to Sainsburys in an hour or so.

I always plan the menus at Dad's and I want to make hunter's chicken on Saturday; Dad's never had it and I think he will like it a lot.  As the sauce has rather a lot of bits and bobs in it, I made it up yesterday and will take it with me.  If Saturday is as hot as they say it's going to be, I will appreciate less time over a hot stove!

Once home and with the shopping away, I will trundle down the allotment to do a morning water before Beth takes over for the weekend.  Then I'm back and will just do a quick tidy up for the cleaners and finish the packing.

I'll probably be able to post on here over the weekend but, if there are no posts, don't worry.  I'll be back on Monday.
Have a lovely day and stay hydrated, cool and safe.  xx

22 comments:

  1. Hello, Joy, I've never seen striped tomatoes, they are new to me and they look lovely! Our few tomatoes aren't doing well, but there again, they need more looking-after than we are prepared to give them!
    Margaret P
    www.margaretpowling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they do take quite a bit of looking after. Nothing difficult but it's just the time it takes. Well worth it, for me. Tomatoes are a favourite thing and quite a lot don't make it to the tomato bowl on the ledge. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. I wonder how many different sorts of tomatoes there are now? It would be interesting to try and find out - sometime.
    Have a good journey - keep cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are loads, aren't there? I ought to branch out a bit really.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to hearing what the stripey tomatoes taste like, may be one to try next summer. Congratulations on reaching target, you have done amazing and clearly feel so much better for it, well done xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hazel. I do feel loads better.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Wonderful weight loss, many congratulations 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need to apologise for repeating that you've reached target on both blogs ... you're entitled to shout it from the rooftops if you so desire. 😁

    I hope you have a brilliant weekend with your Dad xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will and thank you so much.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on reaching your target. A fantastic achievement.
    We're booked in to go swimming this afternoon. Lily is sooo excited. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A perfect day to cool in the pool. Have a wonderful time.
      Thanks. xx

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on hitting your target! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well done!!! I would definitely be shouting something like this from the roof tops. Raspberries...mmm such a long time since I've had some home grown ones. Enjoy your time with your Dad. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have such a gorgeous flavour, fresh picked and scoffed! Come the Autumn, there should be enough for a proper portion now and again but right now they are ripening in ones and twos.
      Thank you. xx

      Delete
  9. Excellent work on losing the weight and making goal. An amazing achievement. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I feel so happy about it. xx

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on the weight loss. Your tomatoes look absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the patterning on the skin. It's very attractive. xx

      Delete
  11. What a very interesting tomato species.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it. Dad has something similar but a sort of ovoid with a point at the bottom. Rather tasty too. xx

      Delete