Thursday 27 August 2020

Thursday

Good morning, everyone.  The strong winds finally died down and the sun came out yesterday to make it a very pleasant late afternoon/evening.  Today it says light rain showers and a gentle breeze and the rain isn't expected until later so here's hoping.

Yesterday ended up as quite a busy day.  I did the early tuition which was most enjoyable before getting the washing out on the line to dry in the brisk breeze.
I decided to pop out to one of the local shopping precincts to have a trawl around Home Sense if it wasn't too busy.  It wasn't so in I went and spent a most enjoyable half hour or so wandering round.  Of course, I spent.  I got some animal bag clip - the clips were woodland animal shapes, I mean, and I'm always running short of bag clips so this was useful.  There were a huge selection of scented candles in pots.  Did I need any - of course now, but that didn't stop me.  I also found a basket for the bedroom and some skinny syrups for my breakfast waffles, pancakes, buns and porridge.
Then I popped over the car park to Matalan and came out with three very simple and plain T shirts and a nightie.

Kikkerland ABS Steel Spring Woodlands Bag Clip, Set of 6, Multi-Colour
The bag clips.  Cute!

After lunch, I carried on with the washing and got another load on the line before leaving for a later than usual PT session with Lindsey (great fun) before detouring to the allotment on the way home again.  The ironing got finished in the evening.

To my great relief, there was very little damage.  The sunflowers that hadn't already fallen over were still standing, nearly all the tomatoes are now down or listing but they will still grow and will be out in a month or so anyway and as for the runner beans - yes, they had taken a battering but the end that would have gone was supported by a branch from the plum tree so it was still upright.  If it had fallen, it would have landed on the baby corn and that's over anyway.
It all looks a bit tatty but I'm not fussed.  The Autumn tidy up really isn't too far away and it will all get sorted then.

Today is a much easier day.  No tuition, for a start.  I have a swim booked for seven this morning and it's the Slimming World meeting this evening but between is an empty page.  I did have a friend coming round midday but she had to pull out later on yesterday.  I think I might do a bit more shopping and I do need to book the car in for its MOT so I'll stop off at the garage on the way.

I'm looking forward to a good rest today after three comparatively busy days.  I'm getting old!  :-)
xx

6 comments:

  1. I know the feeling a peaceful day is a joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is. No demands, no expectations, if you don't get things done it doesn't matter.
      Bliss

      Delete
  2. I hope your weigh in at SW shows the results you are hoping for. Enjoy your peaceful day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen. Fingers are crossed.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Those bags clips are too cute. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really took to them and bought two sets. Such a useful cuteness too.
      xx

      Delete