Monday 9 March 2015

Monday

Here we are, a week later and it all feels rather like a not terribly nice dream now.  I'm so relieved to be feeling OK today.  A bit weary, a bit residual achey but nothing to worry about.  It's so nice to know that I shall be doing normal things today - well, as normal as a non-pupil day and an inter-school conference can ever be.

IPod tells me that it is pretty chilly outside so there is possibly a frost, not that I intend to investigate with wet hair and a towel wrapped around me!  It would be lovely if today was like much of yesterday - warm, bright and sunny.  At the last conference of this kind, two or three years ago, it was snowing all day!

I have nearly caught up with the paperwork after slogging at it for much of yesterday.  You would have thought that after a week off there would be no issues but the fact is I just couldn't get my brain around it until yesterday.  The ones I did were rubbish and had to be re-written.  Ho hum!

Of course, I don't need to be in school by 7:30 today although I do have to drive across or around town to get to the conference venue.  Luckily I know my roads after all this time and will use an around the outside route that totally avoids the town centre.  On the way I need to fill up with petrol, the first time since I bought the car, and the garage topped her up as part of the deal.  Shows how much driving I don't do, doesn't it?

Well, I'd better get going.  I have wet hair to dry, a few clothes to iron and just a little bit more work before leaving.
Have a lovely day, wherever you are and whatever you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment