Thursday 28 July 2011

Thursday



Last night was very enjoyable. Eight of us who have all worked well together in year 1 this last school year had an evening together at Prezzo. The food was yummy: I had a shared starter of ciabatta with olive oil and balsamic vinegar with marinated olives followed by a tre gusti (I think that's what it was called) pizza, finished off with raspberry sorbet (very refreshing) and a jolly good cup of coffee. And several glasses of wine, of course. Lots of chat and lots of laughter. Thanks, everyone, it was a great evening.

Yesterday I got an email from DS. His partner and mum had picked a whole load of plums and now A wasn't sure she'd have enough jars for the jam, did I have any? As it happened I did (not the pressy jars either) so I took them round for her to pick from and, in return, received some plums. Yes, she really did have rather a lot! So now I have some plums simmering on the hob and once they are soft I will pick out all the stones (as many as I can anyway) and this afternoon I will jam the resulting fruity goo. Plum jam is delicious! Free plum jam (apart from the sugar) is even better.

This morning is taken up with looking after DG so that should be fun. And there's always the housework! Never ending.


Photo: as yesterday's.






No comments:

Post a Comment