Tuesday 26 July 2011

Tuesday

So sorry about yesterday's post. I was staying with my parents for a few days and I just couldn't send the blog I wrote. Very, very odd as I've posted from there before. Anyway, I've just sent it.

Last night was great. I don't know if you read the books of ex-teacher and inspector, Gervase Phynn. I've been an avid reader of his books for a while now. Last night I went with my parents to 'An Evening with Gervase Phynn' at the Spirella Ballroom, Letchworth, and we had a whale of a time. He's a very funny man, a good clear speaker and kept his audience in fits of laughter. It was all to publicise (and sell, of course) his new book which is fiction this time. Mum bought the book for me and the author signed it. Thanks so much, Mum, very kind of you.

Before then we did go to Boundary Mill and I did get my bin, but not the other things I was looking for. Never mind, a shopping outing with Mum is never to be sneezed at.

And now I am home again. Dental appointment tomorrow so the nerves are jangling as forcefully as the tooth - I HATE dentistry. Thank goodness I have a new book to take my mind off it.

No comments:

Post a Comment