Sunday 3 July 2011

Sunday evening

. . . and the last of the strawberries have been dealt with. Two bottles of strawberry gin, a trayful of separate, hulled berries freezing as I type and a bowlful in the fridge for breakfasts and desserts for a few days.

Some of the jam will do as pressies for nice people at the end of term, the strawberry gin is for Christmas, providing I can keep my mitts off it for for long enough, the ice cream was much admired by my guests at lunch time (and there's still loads left) and the frozen berries will do for all sorts of things.

And DD, DG and I are going picking again next weekend for more of the same. So, you see, I simply HAVE to collect some more screw topped bottles before then! Can't disappoint the family after all.

Adding the above to the very much enjoyed visit of a very dear friend, it's been an all round good egg of a weekend. Thanks very much, A, you can come again seeing as you've been a Good Girl.
And now I have to create some labels for my culinary endeavours.

No comments:

Post a Comment