Sunday 26 February 2023

Sunday, 26-02-23

 Morning, everyone.  Another sunny but chilly start to the day with temperatures just below freezing but no frost.

I got a parcel yesterday.  I wasn't expecting it until Tuesday so that was good but it wasn't anything very exciting.  My new water softener only takes salt pellets/tablets < goes to check bag > and Matt left the rest of a big bag of them.  The softener doesn't seem to be getting through what's in it terribly quickly but the time will come when I need to get some, thought I, so I drove to B&Q last Thursday only to find that they no longer seem to sell the stuff - at least, they didn't have any in stock and the shelf where the bags have always been was full of something quite different.
So, to make life easy, I looked on Amazon and bought a couple of 10K bags.  You can get 25K bags and it's cheaper that way, but I can't lift them, they are just a bit too heavy.
However, I have the remains of the first bag plus these couple more so that'll keep me going for a while and it will be interesting to see how long.  In the meanwhile, I can look for a local supplier.  There has to be one, surely.

Apart from that bit of excitement (!!!), it was a sort of plodding, end-of-the-month sort of day.  I checked the chest freezer and it was pretty much up to date but it had warmed up a bit by the time I did that so I didn't defrost - it hardly needed it anyway.  I spent some time in the kitchen, concocting soup for lunch and a pie thingy for dinner.  I caught up on a bit of telly and I did some knitting and that was that really.

Today is a family day as Beth and Alex are round for lunch.   I'm really looking forward to that.  This evening it's Throw Down and that's always good.  
I've already got Sunday lunch prepared - I like to potter rather than rush around in the kitchen and one of the ways to do that is to prep well in advance.  It makes for a much more relaxing experience all round.

After a comment the other day, here's the link to my food/Slimming World blog if anyone's interested.  That's where I talk about meals, recipes, etc.
You'd be very welcome - as would any comments.  Positive ones, I mean!   😇

https://my30-30challenge.blogspot.com/

(It has undergone several changes since I started it, hence the difference between the URL and the blog name now)

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone.  xx

16 comments:

  1. Have a lovely day with Beth and Alex. It's bright blue sky and sunshine here today, but oh so very cold! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminds us that it's still winter, doesn't it? You have a lovely day too. xx

      Delete
  2. It's a golden day here, too, but very fresh. Long-tailed tits are busy in the garden and the jays are visiting - always good to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely. I put the washing pout and, typically, it clouded over and looks a bit like rain now. I'm just keeping a eye out. xx

      Delete
  3. I hope you have a lovely time with Beth and Alex.

    It's a sunny day here, but too cold still to want to be outside. It's is cheering to look out and see the sun lighting up all the plants though. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was chilly here too. There was a bit of a breeze so that made it feel colder. I was glad to be inside. xx

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your time with Beth and Alex.
    I love your phrase 'pie thingy ' it's the sort of thing I would say when I make a 'concoction!'
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - and don't they taste good too. I love a good concoction! xx

      Delete
  5. I hope you have a lovely day with your guests. It was a really nice morning this morning, although it seems a bit greyer now. I have some reading to do, but I think a bit of television watching may be on the cards soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked threatening at one point but it didn't rain and the washing dried outside. These longer days are lovely! xx

      Delete
  6. I love to potter/putter around the kitchen doing things too. It’s so much nicer than rushing about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much nicer and much more satisfying, for sure. :-) xx

      Delete
  7. My sort of day although I won't even be considering hanging anything outside for a few weeks yet. Enjoy your day with family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The washing does take a while to dry and it helps considerably if there's a nice breeze a-blowing, doesn't it? xx

      Delete
  8. Hope you had a lovely lunch. It sounds like a nice relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did, thank you, and it was a lovely day in a quiet, understated way. Same back to you. xx

      Delete