Thursday 9 February 2023

Thursday, 09-02-23

Hello, there, everyone!!  How are you?
It's yet another cold start to the day with plenty of sunshine predicted for the afternoon.  I'm loving these sunny days this week - when the sun shines through the windows, the heating goes off as it keeps the place lovely and warm.  No complaints here.

Thank you for your concerns about my aches and pains.  I found some ibuprofen (much better than the other kind for this sort of thing) and it really helped. 

I got those drawers beside my bed sorted.  There was a lot of rubbish in them but I also found some useful stuff (including the ibuprofen, so that made it worth doing, full stop) and, while I can't honestly say they are tidy exactly, they are now organised with just the usable stuff in them.  Tick!

I also finished off the ironing.  Another tick.

No weeding though - it was too cold or, more honestly, I was nice and warm and didn't fancy getting cold! And the ground is pretty frozen at the moment anyway.
It will keep and as long as it's done this month, that's the goal.

Then Lindsey got in touch to say her hospital appointment was taking much longer than she had anticipated so please could we put personal training back to today or Friday.  I can't do Friday so it is now today at the same time.  So no massage yet but it is feeling better, all the same.

I remembered that today Matt the Plumber was coming today to replace the water softener so I went into the kitchen and cleared out the cupboard under the sink, glad that I had already sorted out that particular space.  And then I got an email from him saying that he'd gone to pick up the water softener and they had got the wrong one.  It's been reordered and will be put in next week instead.  Shame - I was looking forward to getting my softened water back again this weekend but it can't be helped.
So, this morning, I put all the products back again - but in shopping bags so they can just be lifted out wholesale next week, apart from items I use every day.  I can still find anything that I need but it won't be a hassle to clear the cupboard.

So it is a bit all change again today.  No Matt so I can do the SET class online, Chris is coming over a bit later as a result and it's personal training this afternoon.  I should sleep well tonight.
I will be very careful, I promise, and I've already said that I'll stop if I'm the least bit worried.  As on Tuesday, I can adapt as needed - Lindsey never minds.

On the elephant nibbling side of things, I have more drawers that could do with a good clear out so that's today's little task.  And finally, I have a friend coming for lunch tomorrow and I thought I would use a Simply Cook kit;  I need to decide which one and, hopefully, make it today.

There's plenty there to keep me out of trouble, isn't there?  It should be satisfying.   I hope your day is the same - satisfying, I mean.   Take care.   xx

16 comments:

  1. Mornin ' Joy. For some reason I've not been able to comment on your blog this past week. Hoping this one will post. I think a lot of us are clearing cupboards and drawers just lately. It's really liberating isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's posted fine, thank goodness. How frustrating.

      Liberating is exactly the right term - it is a great feeling. xx

      Delete
  2. I can imagine you are looking forward to having that water softener sorted - I can't remember if you said it's the drinking water or shower/bath water? Either way, we are lucky here in Wales the water is lovely - so it should be with all the rain we get:)
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's everything but the kitchen cold water tap (for drinking) and the dishwasher which has its own softening thing. The water round here really is pretty hard and very noticeable. xx

      Delete
  3. You're definintely keeping yourself busy. I hadn't realised just how frozen the ground still is, I had a tussel with a big weed and then gave up. Inside the living room though it was lovely and warm in the sunshine, the animals are loving indoor sunbathing this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a while to thaw, doesn't it? Loving the sunshine through the glass. xx

      Delete
  4. Hopr your back improves, my bedside drawer is full too, mainly with meds, but all needed and like you I needed something out of it this week, throat lozenges as I've had a horrible sore throat and cold.. but I'm still sorting out stuff. Pleased to know your under sink cupboard was tidy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to read you've been feeling rough - I hope it all clears up quickly. xx

      Delete
  5. The more I use the elephant nibbling, the more I seem to get done. I do hope your back improves, and I wouldn't have weeded either since the ground is still mostly frozen.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good.. For me, it makes the whole task achievable when it's just little chunks, even if it's like painting the Forth bridge!! xx

      Delete
  6. You manage to pack so much into each day, you make me feel guilty! If I get one major thing done in the morning, I take the rest of the day off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe that is because I waffle on about it. Really, I have plenty of free/leisure/me time and that's how it should be for us both. We've worked hard for it, after all. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  7. That's impressive. I have been procrastinating cleaning my cupboards and closet. Ibuprofen provides tremendous relief from pain for me, too. Glad to hear that it's helping you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good stuff for that sort of hurt, definitely. Helps a lot. xx

      Delete
  8. So glad the aches and pains feel a bit better. I think some days are better than others, at least in my case.

    Sounds like you've been busy getting things done! Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon. Things are definitely on the up and the massage helped a lot.
      xx

      Delete