Tuesday 28 February 2023

Tuesday, 28-02-23

 Good morning, everyone.  I thought I felt a bit cold when I woke up and, sure enough, we have a bit of a frost; not a heavy one though and I'm sure it will go soon enough.  I am SO glad I bought my oodie - it has been perfect for these colder mornings.

I forgot to mention that, on Sunday, Beth and I also decided to have a girls' spa day together, going back to the Aqua Springs spa in Colchester where we went to a couple of years ago.  It's a public spa and really very nice, we thought, with different pools, steam rooms, etc.  So we have a date in the last week of March, when Beth has her next holiday and I think it is her treat.

I found this on Google Images.  The foreground is a pool for swimming - not huge but big enough.  Above it to the right and beyond the curved railings is the warm bubble pool and to the left of that behind the straight rails is a stronger currant pool.
There's also an area for meals/coffee and an area for relaxing plus an 'ice cold plunge' which I will NOT be using and several different steam/sauna rooms!
Last time, we had a lovely day and it is very reasonably priced.
(The photo is from Google Images.)

As soon as I was dressed, I went out and got those freezers defrosted.  As expected, it wasn't a major task which told me I really should make a point of doing it more regularly, possibly monthly - while the weather is cold, anyway.  So that's a tick off the list.  I also did a bit of shed tidying, which is a bonus point.

Talking about lists, it's the last day of Feb so let's take a look at the list of goals I set on Feb 1st:
keep the food audits up to date - tick
sort out the garden - not quite but I have today and there's only a little bit more to do
sort out the chunky/aran yarn - I'd forgotten about this one so that's on today's list
keep up (down?) the low spend - tick.  Yes, I have shelled out what looks to be a lot but some is for the water softener, some is a contribution towards something Beth needed and the last is for the Center Parcs holiday (paid with money I have not spent over Jan and Feb) so I'm calling it a success.  Add to that the fact that I am feeling a lot more comfortable all round about my finances and spending; I just feels 'settled' and on top of it now, like I used to do before Mum and Dad passed away and inheritances muddied the waters.  No complaints, just saying it did disturb everything for quite a while.

Now to get March's goals worked out.

There were four of us at circuits and it was such a lovely, sociable time.  Great fun and good for us too.  

Today starts with Groove, as always, but there is nothing in the diary apart from that.  So . . . list alert
finish sorting out the garden
deal with the stash of aran/chunky yarns
get the shopping list finished for tomorrow
sort out when exactly the meeting is this week - there's been a bit of a muddle over the day/time of this and I need to find out exactly when I need to be connected up to the computer for it
pick up some meds from Morrisons - a good excuse for a bit of a walk

All that should keep me gainfully occupied, don't you think?
Do you have a busy day planned for today?  xx




18 comments:

  1. -3 in Berkshire this morning, but bright, so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's chilly. It only wend down to -0.4 here, it's now above freezing and all the frost has gone. Not sunny though - yet. xx

      Delete
  2. A spa day sounds perfect, and it's always nice to have something to look forward to. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was cold when I went out first thing but not frosty. I'm watching bluetits in and out of the nest boxes right now. Spring is on the way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been damp and chilly here but well above freezing once the frost went. The bulbs are looking promising. xx

      Delete
  4. Hello Joy. You must think it has been 'long time no blog visits' from me. I'm catching up with folk after returning from our holiday and D kindly looking after my blog.
    It will be lovely to get away to Center Parks later in the year. A holiday/break is always something good to look forward to wherever it is. Also enjoy that girlie spa day with Beth in March x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I follow you and read that you were away. I hope you had a really lovely time. xx

      Delete
  5. How lovely to have a spa day with Beth with Beth to look forward to, and not that long to wait really. I can't believe it's March 1st tomorrow! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy, isn't it. A sixth of the way through the year already. Bonkers! xx

      Delete
  6. Joy, I have been wondering what an oodie is? Could you post a picture as it sounds like something we could use here on the prairies.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see if I can find one but basically is is a very large, fluffy, indoors hoodie. xx

      Delete
  7. will be back on Wednesday to see what your goals are for March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very small and achievable. No challenges, just things I want to got done really. xx

      Delete
  8. That spa looks fantastic! Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a public spa, it really is very nice indeed, and not that expensive either. It's about half an hour to get there, door to door. xx

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a good month for goals! The spa looks fun. It will be something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased with it all, I have to say - not smug-pleased, just happy-pleased. xx

      Delete