Wednesday 22 February 2023

Wednesday, 22-02-23

 Good morning!  It's rather a gloomy start to the day and BBC weather suggests that it is going to rain today.  Shame but it's been a while since we had any rain so fair enough.

Yesterday started with Groove and it was lovely to be back in the hall with everyone.  Lindsey had put together a new playlist and new sequences and they were really good - challenging but do-able.

Then it was home for pancakes - and very nice they were too.
I read an 'article' online that warned of the 'dangers of improperly disposing of  leftover batter'.  Leftover batter???  I mean, is that even a thing?  Who has leftover batter?  Just make another pancake, for goodness sakes!  😋

I had a successful fail yesterday, or perhaps I mean a failed success.
I took a deep breath, pulled on my Big Girl Leggings and decided to do C25K on the streets rather than in the garden.  I have to admit, I felt a right prune but I did it!  However, I got really puffed out and could only manage half of it which rather dismayed me until I remembered two things
1.  I'd done quite an energetic exercise class earlier
2.  It was probably a bit too close to breakfast which I had after Groove.
So I'm not really sure if it was a success or a failure but I'm going for the former, I think, confidence being an aim for the year.
I'm staying on week one for a few more sessions.  Definitely!!

I spent the rest of the day doing this, that and the other - you know, housey sort of stuff.  I did some more gardening and have started thinking about what to plant.  Tomatoes in pots, obviously, and I have the strawberries that all seem to have migrated down to the end of the bed for some reason.  They can stay there and I will use the other space for something else - not sure what yet but it might be a couple of tripods of runner beans.  I missed them last year.  Also cucumbers but they always grow in a pot, not the bed.

The only thing in the diary today is personal training so I need a little list so I don't just waste the time.  It'll include more garden work, assuming it's not pouring with rain, and, just possibly, a bit of shed too.  Stranger things have happened.  I want to do some meal planning and look for some likely looking recipes to try.  Also, the box room upstairs really is in a state and I ought to tackle that very soon too.  

Well, if I intend doing any work in the garden, it had better be earlier rather than later so I will love you and leave you as dear Diane used to say, get my Facebook stuff done, bath and get dressed.  I'm not gardening in a long oodie!!
What are your plans today?  Do you have a little list?  xx

22 comments:

  1. Have a good day Joy! I am on a 40 day declutter for lent-lots of sewing beads for free going on to the local FB page this morning. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea - a good way to celebrate Lent, for sure. xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on venturing out running, I'd call this a huge success. I'm no runner but when you did it in the garden, was it on the spot? I would imagine that the motion of moving forward is rather more strenuous, therefore you'd have tired more quickly. Isn't it a matter of slowly, slowly building up distance and stamina?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it was round and round the garden like a teddy . . . etc. I guess it wasn't as fast, maybe that was it. I'm refusing to feel discouraged though - anything is better than nothing at all.
      The rain started early so I'm going to push the furniture to the side a bit and run up and down my decent sized open plan downstairs today.
      xx

      Delete
    2. I enjoy your blog so much. You are so busy. I will continue to walk my steps and miles...running at my age just is not an option and not good for me. Have a good good day and rest of the week...

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Brenda, that's so kind of you. Walking is great exercise too. We all do what we can do. xx

      Delete
  3. Well done on venturing out - onwards and upwards.
    So agree with you about the batter - leftovers? Not a chance!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think getting up the courage to try something new is a big achievement however far you got..well done…. jean in winnipeg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve been reading about several bloggers who had pancakes for Pancake day yesterday. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very, very yum. I do have them from time to time for breakfast. and I love pancakes! xx

      Delete
  6. Leftover batter? No such thing ever! but now I really need to know what the "dangers" are?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might clog up your pipes, apparently! So dangerous! xx

      Delete
  7. You have to start somewhere and I think you made a good start yesterday. Just keep increasing a little bit each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true. It's off that I could manage the first session in the garden but even a little bit is better than nothing at all. xx

      Delete
  8. It has been really cold here today so I stayed in where it is warm and did lots of little projects, even managing to finish a couple. Supposed to be cold again tomorrow so hopefully more little projects will be finished as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw in your blog. My goodness, you really know what cold is your way, don't you. I hope you can stay nice and warm - and enjoy your projects. xx

      Delete
  9. That leftover pancake batter thing is funny. You're right - who has leftovers?

    Glad you weren't too hard on yourself about doing the exercise outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life's too short (literally, at my age) to stress, isn't it. It should build up over time. xx

      Delete
  10. Perhaps worth considering how much exercise you are doing now that you have added something else? Working against weather conditions is much harder than exercising inside but the benefits of being outside far outweigh being inside. Perhaps take some advice from your trainer and/or gym.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise advice. I did have a chat to Lindsey about it, which was helpful. Thanks. xx

      Delete