Thursday 23 February 2023

Thursday, 23-02-23

 Morning, everyone.  How's things.
Another gloomy start to the day with rain predicted.  I'm afraid the rain was ahead of me yesterday - before I was dressed, it had started, so the garden got left to its own devices, as did the shed.

I did a bit of sorting out inside, got my financial tracking up to date, did several older Shimmy Snippets and generally pottered around until it was time to go to personal training.

I've heard about my state pension now - yes, it's going up, phew.  Not a lot and tax will account for some of it but it all helps.  Actually, to be fair, it looks not a lot per week but it lands every four weeks .
Now I'm waiting to hear about the teachers' pension.

I went through my latest SW recipe book and tagged all the recipes I would like to try . . .




It will keep me busy, won't it?






Today is a bit busier.  First of all, I have SET class online before I pop over to Chris for our chat.  I'm really looking forward to hearing about her holiday last week.  I will also do C25K but, probably, inside - running in the rain sounds miserable.
I have the coloureds to do today as well as SET is the last long class of the week.  
And finally, sadly, I need to go shopping.  It's only for some fruit but tomorrow is a taster session at group and I'm just taking a selection of fruit rather than anything complicated.  Hopefully there will be enough to make a nice selection.  I won't be getting loads though, because I am making a longer list for next Wednesday.

That's it for today.  It's nice that things have got back to normal again after the half term break.

Have a lovely day.  xx


16 comments:

  1. Always nice to browse a cookbook and choose some recipes.
    We have a lovely sunny day but the wind is bitingly cold. The birds are clamouring for extra sunflower seeds , and as the nights are so cold I'm feeding them more frequently.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely turning colder through the day here. We had a bit of sunshine this morning but not much so the heating has stayed on. xx

      Delete
  2. Blue sky and lovely warm sunshine here today. I'm making the most of it while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good day ahead for you, Joy. We are painting a room and while my husband paints I sort through things deciding what to keep and what to pass on to the thrift stores or throw away. I also have a flute lesson this morning so that will be fun. Then lunch with a friend. A nice day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the flute lesson went really well - what a lovely way to spend part of the day. xx

      Delete
  4. Pension info arrived one day, swiftly followed by new tax code. They give and they take away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the tax code first. Inevitable, isn't it,. and I console myself with the fact that I have enough coming in to have to pay tax. That's good really.
      xx

      Delete
  5. It's the same for me ... advised that my state pension is increasing one day and my new tax codes showed up the next day. I'm still waiting to hear the new rate for my civil service pension but it is definitely a case of giving and taking away!

    I hope you've had a good day today. I'll be interested to hear which recipes you've chosen from your new recipe book as and when you make them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're getting more than they're taking away though. Every bit helps. And isn't it good that it is linked to a certain degree. xx

      Delete
  6. In our nation, we have received the biggest increase in Social Security in years and years, and still people complain about prices...who can worry about the price of an egg when there is a war going on elsewhere and so many tragedies? I have to wonder if people just like to complain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not so sure - some people are still living pretty close to the edge and these unrelenting price rises are becoming a huge concern for them. I'm glad you (and I) are feeling more secure and I wish it were the same for everyone, but it isn't. xx

      Delete
  7. Our Old Age Security went up quite a bit, not so much Canada Pension.

    Lots of recipes to try out there.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loads!! It looks a bit like a hedgehog! :-)
      cc

      Delete
  8. That looks like you'll be trying quite a few recipes! Hope you share how they turn out. It would be interesting to know how many were good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally share my meals, etc, on my other blog (link on the left but I'll try and remember to post it tomorrow. Do take a look, if you want - I'd love to get more comments there. xx

      Delete