Friday 10 February 2023

Friday, 10-02-23

 Good morning, everyone.  It's yet another cold and frosty morning but, like yesterday, I expect it will warm up a bit before long.

Yesterday was quite a busy day but a good one.  I did two of the three sections of Lindsey's online SET class but skipped the last as it was toning and by then I had a few aches.
Chris popped around and we had a really good natter about this and that.
I got on with some chores although not those drawers - I must do them later today or, maybe, tomorrow.
In the afternoon, I popped round to Lindsey's for personal training and she gave me that massage which has helped tremendously, thankfully.  Next week is half term so no classes of any kind but Lindsey has handed out pre-records for those who want to do them and maybe I could also use next week to start Couch to 5K.  To be honest, I don't feel terribly keen but, having signed up for the Race for Life, I feel I ought to get some preparation in and it will be good for me - running and/or power walking just is!  I might find I like it, you never know.  Stranger thing might have happened . . .

And that was yesterday.

Today starts, as always on Friday, with Slimming World.  The group is so much fun and, despite knowing I will have a little gain after last weekend, I am looking forward to going and seeing everyone again.  We're still at the temporary venue and there's no hint of when the usual hall will be back in use again.

Then I have my friend, Carly, round for lunch.  This is the dater we had to cancel before so I'm looking forward to seeing her and having a good old catch up.  In the olden days, she was my student for a term, got a job at the school when she qualified, and the rest is history.  She now has a family and teaches part time.
I've made lunch as far as I can - I'm doing a Simply Cook meal, Cuban mojo pasta, and what I've just done smells fantastic.  All I have to do just before we eat is cook the pasta, finish off the veg to make a sauce and knock up a simple salad on the side.  Should be good!
It is supposed to be for two but I can tell there will be some left over so that  sorts out lunch or dinner tomorrow too.  Excellent!

The house is pretty tidy and there's not much to do before the cleaners arrive so that's good.  I might do one of those drawers after Carly goes to pick up her boys and before the cleaners arrive.  I'll see how I feel.  Also, I want to fit in a Shimmy Snippet in somewhere during the day.

So - plenty happening but it should be a really good day, fingers crossed, and I'm looking forward to it all.
Have a lovely day too - stay warm, safe and contented, everyone.  xx

12 comments:

  1. That lunch sounds delicious - have a nice time with your friend x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely time, thank you. We're meeting up again next month sometime. xx

      Delete
  2. I hope you have a lovely lunch with your friend, it sounds very tasty, and having leftovers will be a bonus. You do squeeze a lot of exercise into each day don't you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I try to stay active. I find it hard to believe but there you go. Retirement had a big old impact and so did the gall bladder stuff. xx

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your day! Lots of good things planned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your day with your visitors! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your day sounds lovely and I am glad that you and your friend could get together for a visit.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. We had a great old chat. xx

      Delete
  6. I am envious of your tidy house. I am going to try and get one of those myself, during half-term week :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin > It's my lovely cleaners - I have to keep it reasonably tidy or they can't do their job properly - and seeing as I am paying them . . . xx

      Delete