Monday 13 February 2023

Monday, 13-02-23

 Good morning, everyone.  Welcome to half term week (round here).  The sun has started to shine and it feels pretty mild so that's promising.

You will be relived to hear that I got the drawers tidied.  Oh, my, what a mess.  You know those home punches - I have a single two hole munch and one that makes to pairs of holes and they were both dull of little paper circles that managed to get everywhere!  There was a lot of other, really old stuff that needed chucking but the rest is now accessible and organised so phew.  I bet you're glad I will stop banging on about them now.

It was a nice, quiet day.  I did a load of knitting to use up some more stash and will carry on with that.  I'm making 'sensible' little round neck, raglan sleeve jumpers for donation - not a fancy pattern but the colours can make them more fun and they don't need any trimmings to finish them off.  Definitely my kind of project.
I'm doing one with stripes but then I think I am going to bring down my big basket of little balls of scrap yarn and making a totally random one, joining where I need to.  I think that might look good fun.

Today, again, there is absolutely nothing whatsoever in the diary.  Woo hoo.  I have a bit of washing and I didn't change my sheets on Friday so I will do that today. 
The shed has become a bit cluttered so I might start dealing with that.  The side the freezers are on is fine, it's the other side where things tend to just be dumped.  Or, there again, I might not!  I'm on half term - once a teacher, always a teacher!!

As that old song goes . . .

I'm busy doin' nothin'
Workin' the whole day through
Tryin' to find lots of things not to do
I'm busy goin' nowhere
Isn't it just a crime
I'd like to be unhappy, but
I never do have the time

I'll go with that!

Enjoy the day!!  xx

16 comments:

  1. Half term here too, which means we won't be going out much! Being a holiday area, it gets far too busy during school hols. That's fine, plenty to do at home. Drawers do get cluttered, messy and dirty even, don't they? I've done the drawers in my kitchen, thank goodness. Must have been a nightmare getting rid of all those little paper circles - they must have gone everywhere! Enjoy your half term :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Places do get busy when schools' out, don't they, even in non-holiday areas. Have a lovely week at home.

    It was, they did, and I've just spotted another one!! My own fault - I should have been more careful. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's half term here too, so I went out for the shopping that I needed just after nine o'clock when usually it would have been really busy, but during school holidays it's always so peaceful as Mums let their kids stay in bed for longer.

    We once had a hole punch in the office who's plastic bottom would fall off at the most inopportune times, so I threw the bottom away and we HAD to punch holes over the bin. It worked a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - and if the bin was a wicker one with gaps (which was very, very stupid of me) . . . ???
      I like shopping very early, but another good time is around five when the families have bought whatever after school and the people who work sre still commuting. It's usually pretty quiet.
      xx

      Delete
    2. Oh I feel your wicker bin pain. :-(
      I had a wicker bin in my craft room back in the day, it looked beautiful but all those little bits and pieces of paper, thread and ribbon would wedge in between the weave and make it very frustrating to empty.

      Delete
    3. I was so cross with myself. I love a wicker basket but there's no doubt they are not the most convenient. I have plastic ones in bathroom and loo for obvious reasons but all the others are natural. xx

      Delete
  4. Nooo! I have an extra week to wait until it's half-term, but at least the following one will be shorter as a result. The downside is I can't go swimming, as the pool is closed to non-holidaymakers for the next two weeks. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How annoying is that? Do you get a lot of holiday makers at this time or is it the opposite - no schools means they lost most of their custom?
      xx

      Delete
  5. We have March Break over here the middle of March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have Easter as a between terms holiday. Two weeks and, depending on when Easter is, it might fall at the beginning, in the middle or at the end of the two week break. xx

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your half term break. Here it's just a long weekend but there's a week's break in March. Hope the weather is nice so you can plan some excursions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I vaguely remember that when I was little half terms were just long weekends and the actual holiday were longer. I could be wrong there though. xx

      Delete
  7. Like Chris we will be heading into a long weekend, and then in March a bit of a break for the kids from school. My the months are passing by quickly.

    Enjoy your break if you decide to leave the shed until later.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are your summer holidays a lot longer?
      Time is flying, isn't it? Mid February already and the crocuses are all opening. So very pretty. xx

      Delete
  8. It's good that you're making useful things and using up your stash. Maybe it's good to get all that decluttering done while the weather isn't the greatest and there isn't a lot on then you won't feel guilty when you do want to do something else when the weather is good and it is warmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it feels very good to be able to use leftover stuff to make something that will be of use and I have always loved knitting little things anyway - quick and, usually, very easy so I can read or watch telly at the same time. xx

      Delete