Saturday 11 February 2023

Saturday, 11-02-23

Good morning, one and all.  It isn't frosty today.  Sadly, nor is it sunny - yet.   Fingers crossed.

Yesterday went very much according to plan.  I had forgotten that Jen was away at a SW training weekend so the group was taken by another lady.  I'm glad I got there early because the other lady who usually helps couldn't come so I was able to help get set up, etc.
It can't be easy to take a different group but I thought she did very well really.

Then I came home and did a bit of prep for lunch although most of it was already done.  It was a lovely time; we chatted nineteen to the dozen and Carly seemed to enjoy the meal - if you use Simply Cook, it is the Cuban mojo pasta and it is delicious.

I didn't get those drawers done - again.  No guilt though, I have plenty of time today. 

The cleaners worked their usual magic, bless them, and the house is clean and shiny.

And that was that!

Today I'm feeling quite tired so I am going to have a Me Day.  I'll do some Lindsey pre-records, get those drawers done and maybe a bit of washing - but if I don't, no problem.  I still have to catch up with Pottery Throwdown, I want to meal plan for the week ahead and there's my knitting and crocheting.  I won't be bored, not in the slightest.

What are you doing this weekend?  xx

12 comments:

  1. Ooo, I forgot Pottery Throwdown was back on. I'll be catching up on that next week. Like you I need a few Me Days after last week!! And I need to catch up on my blogland friends as I've been MIA these last few weeks! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was week five last Sunday so plenty of catching up. xx

      Delete
  2. I like the sound if your day. I’m hoping for a bit of crafting and some reading but first I must clean the bathroom and change the bed. Then I will help DH to complete the evaluation form for a grant that the Men’s Shed received to which he was the signatory. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pleasant day. Saturdays were always very rushed days when I was working so I appreciate the calm nowadays. xx

      Delete
  3. We've got mizzly dull weather so indoor activities are a must - think I might do a spot of card making as my stocks are running low
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping you had a lovely time creating cards. xx

      Delete
  4. The good thing about not getting the drawers done is that no one can actually tell that you haven't done them... unless of course you tell us and now we all know even if visitors don't. :-)

    This weekend I am blogging, eating, drinking and binge watching Scott and Bailey. I did all of the washing and housework yesterday just so that this would be on the agenda. Lazy weekend here I come. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - one down,. two to go! Lazy weekends are great! xx

      Delete
  5. there is always tomorrow!! Been doing a bit of knitting here and just taking it easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There sure is. Taking it easy sounds great! xx

      Delete
  6. My weekend sounds much like yours - but without the exercise sessions. Three days a week is my limit although I have added a yoga class just for this term. Glad your lunch was fun - it's good to have younger friends, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is yoga good? It's never really appealed to me somehow. xx

      Delete