Tuesday 14 February 2023

Tuesday, 14-02-23

 Good morning, everyone.  It's a cold, frosty and slightly misty start to the day but the sun is there, above the mist, and will burn through soon, I think.  In fact, Beeb weather predicts bright sunshine and a high of +13 which is positively spring-like, isn't it?  Delightful.

I was so lazy - er, I mean me-centred < grin >, yesterday.  I nearly stayed in PJs and oodie all day but it just didn't feel right so I got dressed eventually.  I didn't start the shed and I didn't do any washing.  I did make a curry for Friday (when Dave and Anna are round) and that's in the freezer now and I did make some nice meals for the day.  I don't usually post my meal photos in here but, just this once, this is what I had (plus yogurt and a fruit).


Dave and Anna are round on Friday evening and have I decided to have a curry night so, as well as what I made yesterday to use up leftover turkey, I plan also to make chicken tikka, Mumbai potatoes and beef massaman plus basmati rice.  I have spice kits for all of them so it's just a question of ingredients and, yes, there will be leftovers, although I won't be making full quantities of anything except sauce (which I can spoon off and freeze for an easy curry another time).
I also have a recipe for yogurt based flatbreads which I might make today and get into the freezer.

I'm getting on with the knitting, on the last sleeve so it should be finished today.

So - today.  The diary is still empty and, as yesterday was so idle, today I have donned my List Queen crown.
It says:
make beef massaman and flatbreads
start shed
de-weed one bed
change sheets (overdue now, ooops)
washing
knitting

None of them are that daunting or difficult so fingers crossed.

Today, of course, is St Valentine's Day - which doesn't do much for me at all but, if you plan a cosy up with your beloved, have a fantastic time.
For the rest of us - I'm going to ponder on how fortunate I am in so many ways and I invite you to join me.  Much love to those of us who are missing dear ones at the moment.  Some things just underline it, don't they?

Take care xxx



14 comments:

  1. I have never been able to stay in pyjamas all day, it's just my thing to always get dressed and always wash my hair, no matter how tired or even ill I am. I am quite jealous of the people who can lounge around like that.
    You can't beat a good curry night can you. I need to make myself a curry very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curries are so delicious and making it at home means you can have it just how you like it.

      I think once one has a routine, diverting from it just doesn't feel right, no matter how nice it may sound.
      xx

      Delete
  2. You are so organised - the meals look and sound lovely. Agree about Valentines and other similar Red letter days - when you've lost love ones it can be rather poignant.
    I am only able to stay in jammies all day if I'm ill and even then it doesn't feel right!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not just St Valentine's Day, I agree. All those significant days can be difficult. xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you are staying busy. I received so many sweet cards and gifts...big deal here...we used to own a Hallmark store...that day was difficult to say the least...have a great day...enjoy a good book...a nice snack...love your blog and your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a good curry and we are long overdue one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there you go then - pop it on the meal plans. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Must be curry time - I visited my daughter today and she gave me a tub of Red Lentil Thai curry soup which she had just made, for my lunch tomorrow!
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely. Home made always tastes great. Well, usually, anyway! I'm sure you will love it. xx

      Delete
  6. I was glad to see you use the St.in front of Valentine's. It just doesn't look right without it! Hope you had a good day with lots of nice memories of loved ones past and present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't look right to me either.
      Thanks, Chris. I hope your day was lovely too. xx

      Delete
  7. Happy St. Valentines Day. Hope you had a lovely and laid back day once again.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I actually did do stuff but at my pace and when I wanted to. It was lovely. xx

      Delete